Our client is a market leader, manufacturing essential products for a niche industry. Their accounting operations are critical to the ongoing efficiency of the organization and they wish to hire a Cost Accounting Manager to join their back-office operations.
This role will reconcile and analyze financial and cost accounting information, assist in the preparation and review of financial data, and provide manufacturing and cost accounting reporting for management review and decision-making.
Essential daily duties will include:-
- Manages Cost Accounting team.
- Review and analyze accounting information to identify, correct and maintain the integrity of the accounting data and structure (G/L accounts, default coding, material standards, BOM, COGS, system tables, etc.).
- Review and approve monthly Journal entries and Balance Sheet reconciliations.
- Provide monthly Inventory variance analysis as well as analysis for Cap Labor, Overhead and Freight entries.
- Identifies, coordinates and reviews cost accounting projects, such as pricing and margin analysis, customer, market and product profitability, data warehouse integrity and reporting, etc.
- Devises and implements reporting and analysis processes in order to provide accurate information.
- Organize and coordinate annual physical inventory observations for multiple facilities.
- Provide research and assistance to management for analysis and other financial or cost related projects.
- Process month-end internal and corporate reporting and distribute to management.
- Business partner with Operations.
- Review, analyze and supervise the part components and BOM entry and maintenance process. Identify and make recommendations for changes when necessary. Coordinate and direct material cost changes and maintain the monthly accounting records for proper market cost valuation for commodities and raw material inventory.
- Directs and supervises general ledger, financial reporting, and cost account code entry and maintenance.
- Initiates new account codes or structures to improve accuracy of data and reporting.
- Directs and supervises report programs maintenance and creation of new reports.
- Bachelor?s Degree in Accounting/Finance
- 5-7 years of experience and familiarity with basic and advanced accounting principles as well as GAAP
- 5 years of Supervisory cost experience required.
- Highly proficient in Excel and other reporting tools