RSM’s Healthcare Advisory Services Consulting practice is searching for a Cost Accounting Implementation Project Lead to join our team and be a part of further building out our practice. We are an integrated healthcare consulting team that provides strategic, financial, operations and regulatory focused services to healthcare organizations throughout the country.
As a leader in the National Healthcare Consulting practice, you will join professionals with a broad knowledge of the healthcare industry including: strategy, M&A, financial and revenue performance management, regulatory reporting and compliance, and healthcare IT. You will be part of a collaborative consulting team to deliver exceptional client service to meet our client's objectives.
The Cost Accounting Implementation Project Lead will also need to have an understanding of consulting service delivery within the healthcare industry. More specifically, qualified candidates must have experience designing and leading theimplementation/optimization of cost accounting solutions within the healthcare industry. Specific knowledge of industry leading cost accounting systems and tools is also desired (e.g. Soarian Financials, EPSi, Kaufman Hall, Strata, etc.).
- Lead an experienced team of professionals who have deep technical expertise in cost accounting solutions
- Lead the implementation of Soarian Financials cost accounting software for major health systems; assess client’s current state workflow and work with implementation team to validate proposed future state design with overall project objectives, working in conjunction with the cross-functional teams
- Work interactively with clients and client team members to design, build, test and validate an effective cost accounting solution
- Train client personnel on new processes/systems
- Maintain and develop a high degree of expertise in the implementation process as it relates to costing, service line/encounter level profitability, and impacts to pricing and revenue cycle operations
- Create, manage and execute project work plans to provide high-quality client service delivery
- Prepare and maintain internal and external project status reports
- Manage and direct support staff on projects to prioritize work tasks, ensure project milestones and deadlines are met, and ensure work products meet quality standards
- Assist Partner and Directors in scoping and planning multiple projects
- Mentor junior team members in industry best practices for implementation and project management
- Develop and manage relationships with new and existing clients
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or other related field
- 10+ years of experience leading the implementation/optimization of cost accounting solutions in Hospitals and large Physician groups, ideally in a consulting capacity
- Prior experience implementing/optimizing one or more of the following cost accounting solutions: Soarian Financials (strongly preferred), EPSi, Kaufman Hall, Strata, etc.
- Strong experience with activity-based cost accounting in a healthcare environment
- Ability to seamlessly coordinate with both internal and external EHR implementation project teams
- Proven experience in managing client service teams and client relationships
- Ability and willingness to travel nationwide 80%