Our team needs a Senior Cost Accountant who will help the Accounting and Finance team provide top notch data that will influence the decisions which impact the success of our business.
The job requires advanced knowledge of GAAP, Financial Statements, P&L, Balance Sheets and Cash Flow in an Aerospace Manufacturing environment. This role is exciting because it touches every avenue of the business and supports continuous improvement objectives.
YOUR PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensures that all necessary elements of cost have been properly built-up and entered in the computerized cost system on a timely basis.
- Schedules and monitors the entire process of updating actual cost files for purchased components, outside processing, bills of materials and routings at year-end.
- Develops and maintains an accurate labor cost collection and reporting system which conforms to regulations, cost accounting standards and current monetary disclosure of Leach accounting practices.
- Ensures that inventory is accurately valued through correct paperwork (routers, bills of material, etc.) and that standard costs have been correctly entered and maintained in computerized system.
- Periodically reviews and updates year-end material costs, standards labor hours/rates and material labor overhead for current physical inventory and contract backlog.
- Ensures accuracy of input in the computerized accounts payables system (i.e., material, material variances, overhead expenses, etc.)
- Performs periodic system audits to verify accuracy of computerized input to inventory. Reviews monthly and year-to-date performance and develops rational for all variances to planned performance for each product line including shipments, new orders, new orders gross margin, backlog, gross margin and indirect overhead expenses by function. Analyze all pertinent accounts in the general ledger to ensure balances are accurate, correct and that all back up for each account is on file and readily available for review and audit.
- Formulates auditable product costing and overhead rates in support of proposals.
- Ensures that month-end and year-end closing are accurately accomplished and that all journals, working papers, etc. are in order so that requiredreports can be compiled and published.
- Ensures that quality has the highest priority within the cost accounting function and actively participates in the quality improvement system.
- Reviews departmental operation instructions for cost activities and updates when necessary.
YOUR SKILL/EDUCATION MUST HAVE’S:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting is required
- Minimum 5 years of cost accounting experience in a manufacturing environment, Aerospace preferred.
- Advanced understanding of GAAP in regards to GL, Financial Statements, Balance Sheet, P & L, and Cash Flow.
- Intermediate knowledge of SOX regulations including segregation of duties and controls in a cost accounting environment
- Understand various accounting process flows in order to create and implement new processes, policies & procedures customized for Leach International.
- Advanced skill in Excel, Intermediate skill in Word, PowerPoint
- Advanced skill in ERP systems such as Oracle, SAP, or Syteline
- Positive attitude & aptitude for change, team spirit, sound reasoning and problem solving abilities
- 15-20% travel to Mexico locationrequired.
YOUR SKILL/EDUCATION NICE TO HAVE’S:
- Master’s degree highly desirable
- Aerospace manufacturing environment is preferred
- CMA certification is preferred
- Previous supervisory experience a plus
- Bilingual English/Spanish is preferred