Job Description Cost Accountant will provide accounting and financialsupport in the areas of inventoryvaluation, product and customer supply agreement costing, and revenue recognition in compliance with Company policies.
- Maintain, update, and monitor Formula Based Customer Costing Modules.
- Assist in maintaining product costing for various supply agreement projects working with Operations, Sales, and Product Management.
- Work Order Bill of Material (BOM) and routing monitoring.
- Support the preparation of Quarterly and Monthly Government reporting.
- Prepare periodic internal management reports upon request.
- Compare actual costs to estimates and reconcile variances.
- General projects and troubleshooting as circumstances require.
- Analyze changes in Product formulations, Raw Materials, and Manufacturing Overhead to determine effects on cost.
- Assist in conducting annual physical inventories and cycle count program.
- Bachelor's Degree is required. Accounting, Business Administration, or Chemistry major preferred..
- Three to five years of Costing and some product exposure preferred.
- Experience with job costing and/or process costing systems.
- Ability to analyze and solve problems.
- Ability to handle a fast paced environment, adapts to changes in direction, and meets tight deadlines.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Must be Microsoft Office literate at the intermediate to advance level.