The Cost Accountant/Operations Finance Analyst will work directly with the Finance Manager and demonstrate initiative and technical competence to handle duties related to the month-end closing, annual audit, financialreporting, reconciliations and analysis for the Finance Department.
This role works closely with the Operations team and will be the primary finance contact for the Operations team.
- Monitor, review and reconcile inventory accounts.
- Coordinate efforts associated with monthly cycle count and periodic physical inventories.
- Assist with product costing activities.
- Support the monthly close process including accruals, spending allocations, and investigation of any manufacturing variances.
- Provide detailed analysis on manufacturing variances to standard, including those related to purchase price, production, cycle count, scrap, inventory revaluations and absorption.
- Assist in the review and maintenance of estimated cost allocations to manufacturing work centers.
- Ensure that business decisions make good business sense and are based on the appropriate level of financial analysis.
- Proactive communications of issues and opportunities to the management team.
- Perform special projects and ad-hocreporting as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance required.
- No fewer than five (5) years of directly related experience in Cost Accounting, preferably within a high-volume manufacturing company.
Skills and Knowledge
- Working knowledge of GAAP.
- ERP System experience with QAD a plus.
- Accurate and timely financial accounting.
- Ability to work independently; self-motivated; high bias for action.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to drive businesses to improved processes and performance.
- Skilled Excel user able to create and maintain complex spreadsheets.