It is the primary duty of the Cost Accountant to code, enter and maintain all cost budget related items, conduct physical inventories, and maintain accurate inventory. All duties are to be performed in accordance with federal, state, local laws, regulations, and ordinances, as well as department and Company policies, practices, and procedures.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND TASKS:
- Assist with providing leadership of daily operation and assure the daily and monthly reports generated by Inventory Control are accurate and timely.
- Maintains cost report for property outlets.
- Create recipe costs for property kitchens and perform yield tests.
- Work closely with chefs to ensure costs are maintained and to input recipes.
- Reviews open receiver reports and reconciles any outstanding payments.
- Reviews physical inventories and researches all variances.
- Creates, maintains and updates accurate records of all inventory transactions.
- Work closely with warehouse staff to resolve all variances.
- Identifies and resolves customer complaints/issues.
- Performs computer data entry using Inventory/Purchasing System.
- Performs and documents inventory control operations in accordance with the guidelines established through quality control and department policies and procedures.
- Recognizes new/additional work opportunities for the company and/or more efficient ways of accomplishing assigned tasks, and report to F&B control manager.
- Performs other tasks or assignments as directed by F&B control manager.
- Assists F&B control manager with month-end close.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Six (6) years of inventory control or accounting experience, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Bachelor degree in Accounting or related field.
- Knowledge of inventory/warehouse controls, associated accounting principles and accounts payable.
- Knowledge of inventory/warehouse controls and associated accounting principles
- Accounts payable experience
- Understanding of recipe costing and theoretical food cost
- Previous experience counting inventories and researching variances
- Knowledge of F&B databases, such as Stratton Warren, desirable
- Ability to use a telephone, copier, computer, and 10 key
- Proficient in MS Office Application including Word and Excel,
- Must be able to speak, read and write English
Work performed indoors and outdoors, Employee may be exposed to dust, hot and cold including below zero temperatures. Employee will be required to stand on concrete floors and to occasionally walk on uneven or wet surfaces. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Flexible work schedule required.