At Sunair, our Mission is simple: To be the leading provider of sure and secure strategic communications solutions.
- Total Customer Satisfaction
- Customer Brand of Choice
- Effective Global Competitor
- Sustainable and Profitable Growth
- Technological Innovation
To meet our Mission, Values and Goals we are looking for sharp, motivated and committed personnel who will implement best practices across all functions of the organization, who can leverage their core competencies to enhance value and create mutual partnerships. If you are looking for an organization where you will be recognized and celebrated as an individual, we invite you to join our team of professionals.
We are seeking an experienced and exceptional Cost Accountant with experience in Manufacturing and/or engineering experience!
What we do:
Sunair Electronics has been silently serving the world of wireless communications since 1956. Sunair designs, manufactures and sells state of the art High Frequency (HF) communications systems and peripherals utilized for long range voice and data communications. Every hour of every day Sunair products proudly serve those around the world who protect us on the sea, under the sea, in the air and on the land. In the commercial world and the government / military world, Sunair has provided strategic communications application solutions in over 100 countries across the planet, including those of the NATO community. Cost-conscious and quality-conscious, Sunair remains dedicated to the development, design and production of equipment that is as advanced as it is reliable. Sunair has more than 50 years of experience as a solutions provider. Sunair Electronics is a place where your passion, ideas and efforts can have an immediate and lasting impact. Sounds like a place for you?
As a Cost Accountant, you are expected to:
Provide ongoing analysis of process constraints; target costing projects, margin analysis, and tracing costs back to underlying activities. Construct and monitor those cost-effective data accumulation systems needed to provide an appropriate level of costing information to purchasing and management. Be proactive, anticipate needs, identify trends and communicate effectively with cross functional teams.
Essential Duties and Functions:
- Identify Cost drivers and suggest Cost improvements.
- Advance labor and overhead rates, review material Costs for annual revisions.
- Review and analyze cost information to explain cost variances.
- Coordinate physical inventory counts and cycle counts and investigate cycle counting variances and resolve issues.
- Update standard costs in the bill of materials.
- Perform accounting for inventory, fixed assets, and working progress (WIP)
- Provide manufacturing variance and trend analysis.
- Review standard and actual costs for inaccuracies.
- Authenticate the cost of goods sold as part of the month-end close.
- Accrue and apply overhead costs as required by generally accepted accounting principles.
- Work with the materials review board to locate and dispose of obsolete inventory.
- Calculate cost analysis and conduct ongoing process constraint analyses.
- Deliver the following reports: breakeven points by products; work centers and factories; and margins by product.
- Deliver reporting on periodic variances and their causes, focusing on spending variances and in addition to analyzing capital budgeting requests.
- Perform cost accumulation tasks and Month End Close Activities.
- Will be required to participate in Audits.
- All other duties as assigned.
- 5years of Cost accounting experience: Required
- Manufacturing experience: Required
- Made to Manage (M2M) Preferred but not required (ERP System)
- Excellent analysis skills and the ability to collaborate with a multi-department team.
- Bachelordegree in Accounting
- Proficiency with MS-Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint & Access).
- Very strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize and work well under pressure.
- Excellent interpersonal skills in a team environment.
What you can expect from Sunair:
- Competitive and comprehensive compensation package which includes but is not limited to:
- Base salary corresponding with experience
- Benefits package of Medical, Gap, Dental, Vision, employee assistance program, and life insurance
- 401(k) program after one (1) year of service
- Generous paid time off program from first day of employment – Accrue 12 vacation and 6 sick days per year
- On sight gym offering a boot camp 4 times per week, Zumba on Fridays
- Wellness Exercise Bonus available after a 90-day introductory period
- Brunch served the first Friday of every month
- Monthly birthday celebration and Pot Lucks every other month
- Plus, many other fun and engaging employee activities throughout the year
Please note that this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities, which are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Sunair Electronics is an Equal Opportunity Employer Sunair is committed to an anti-discrimination policy in all its programs and services. Sunair is consciously and proactively inclusive of all areas of diversity including, but not limited to race, ethnicity, color, national origin, sovereign tribal nations status, ancestry , gender identity and expression, sex, sexual orientation, religion, age, social class, socioeconomic status, marital status, language, disability, or immigration status.
Job Type: Full-time
- Fort Lauderdale, FL
- Cost Accounting in a Manufacturing Environment: 5years