SUMMARY: Seeking a Cost Accountant with strong analytical and problem-solving skills. You should be highly organized and detail-oriented and possess the ability to work effectively, both independently and in a team setting. It is also important that you display excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills, as well as the ability work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate will bring a sense of urgency and motivation to the position. . JOB REQUIREMENTS: Under limited direction, performs varied and complex general/cost accounting duties as related to recording, analyzing and reporting financial operations. Studies accounting data and prepares analyzes for various complex reports. Must be able to perform the essential duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation. The duties and responsibilities may change from time to time without notice and include but are not limited to the duties described below ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintains cost accounting and inventory systems.
- Assists in the month end close of the general ledger and perpetual inventory system.
- Conducts physical inventories and monitors cycle count program.
- Reconciles raw material, WIP and finished goods inventories.
- Perform various month end reports, journal entries, and reconciliations.
- Analyzes excessive and obsolete inventory SKU s and proposes reserve adjustments as required.
- Assist auditors for year-end analysis as related to inventory and standard costing.
- Assist with cycle counting and support annual physical inventories.
- Planning, collecting, and analyzing data to determine costs of business activity such as raw material purchases, inventory and labor.
- Responsible for Fixed Asset accounting.
- Performs ad hoc product line cost analysis for management as required.
- Drives continuous improvement through trend reporting analysis and metrics management.
- Other departmental related duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum of 5 years of Cost Accounting in a Manufacturing Environment
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- Must have a strong cost systems background and have excellent analytical skills; sound understanding of accounting principles.
- Self-motivated and work well in a team environment
- Well organized, detail oriented and ability to multi task
- Strong Excel skills
- Experience with INFOR LN a plus
Equal Opportunity Employer – minorities / females / veterans / individuals with disabilities / sexual orientation / gender identity.