I. JOB SUMMARY/RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Responsible for the maintenance, integrity, support and documentation of cost accounting allocations and approaches (RVUs, time studies, activity based costing) applied in ERP and department’s information system(s) for QHS entities.
• Collaborates with QHS Managers (or delegates) to refine costs of respective procedures or activities.
• Supports Decision Support Department initiatives to improve analytics toward management decision making.
II. TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
• Essential: finger dexterity, seeing, hearing, speaking
• Continuous: sitting, static gripping of an object for prolonged periods.
• Occasional: standing, stooping/bending, climbing stairs, walking on uneven ground, lifting and carrying usual weight of 1 pound up to 5 pounds, reaching above, at and below shoulder level, frequent gripping of an object.
• Operates computer, calculator, telephone, facsimile, and printer.
III. TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS:
• Not substantially subjected to adverse environmental conditions.
IV. MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
A. EDUCATION/CERTIFICATION AND LICENSURE:
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics or related field; education requirement may be substituted with five (5) years experience in accounting functions using accounting methods, theory and analytical skills.
• Minimum two years accounting experience. Cost accounting experience preferred.
• Minimum two years of healthcare finance, patient accounting experience preferred.
Experience to demonstrate:
o Knowledge of general accounting.
o Ability to develop and maintain PC worksheets of high complexity.
o Ability to extract and report off relational databases.
o Ability to multi-task, coordinate multiple initiatives and meet timelines.
o Ability to interpret data and communicate to customers.
o Ability to work collaboratively with a broad range of people to accomplish assigned tasks effectively and efficiently with high quality customer service.
o Effective written and oral communication skills, interpersonal skills and critical thinking skills.