Req Id 63421
LyondellBasell’s Global Projects and Engineering Department is a world-class, central engineeringsupport organization – advancing continuous performance improvements in our manufacturing facilities worldwide. This position will be based in our Houston Engineering Center located just 14 miles East of downtown Houston, Texas. This is a direct-hire position with competitive base salary, bonus, generous benefits package, pension plan and employee discounts.
This position provides worldwide corrosion and materials consulting services to LyondellBasell's refining and petrochemical facilities. Primary client groups include manufacturing, capital projects, business teams and R&D. Some of the key functions for this role include, but are not limited to:
- Providing support in creating and upkeeping corrosion control documents and optimizing integrity operating limits.
- Providing corrosion troubleshooting, corrosion control and materials selection support to plants worldwide.
- Providing inspection and NDE support to site inspection organizations.
- Providing materials selection, corrosion and fabrication support for major projects. Function as the technical lead for specific projects.
- Providing global training and mentoring to support materials, welding, inspection and corrosion engineering competency requirements.
- Leading cross functional teams in the execution of multi-disciplinary technical assignments and implementing global initiatives.
- Anticipating internal and or external business challenges and/or regulatory issues; recommending process, product or service improvements
- A Bachelor’s degree is required, preferably in Materials, Metallurgical or Corrosion Engineering. A Mechanical or Chemical Engineeringdegreewith specialization or experience in Materials Engineering would be acceptable.
- A minimum of 5years of relevant experience in the refining, petrochemical or chemical process industries. Corrosion experience in chemical processes and organic acid corrosion mechanism are a plus.
- Strong understanding of corrosion and metallurgical deterioration mechanisms with demonstrated knowledge and skills in material selection, damage mechanisms, inspection and failure analysis.
- Experience working in the operations of an existing plant.
- A strong background in inspection and NDE is preferred.
- Knowledgeable in pertinent codes, standards, recommended practices and the latest in industry best practices.
- Basic knowledge of the ASME and API Code rules in the design, analysis, inspection, repair and alteration of pressure vessels, piping, storage tanks and heat exchangers is desired.
- Basic understanding of other materials related topics such as non-metallics, welding, coatings, cathodic protection, etc.
- Strong troubleshooting ability.
- Strong leadership, interpersonal, networking and teamwork skills for data gathering, building consensus in teams for problem solving, developing a client base and working well with people in a diverse, multi-disciplinary team environment at all levels of the organization, as well as, external customers/resources.
- Ability to plan, prioritize and implement multiple concurrent projects or activities in order to effectively meet business needs.
- Ability to be proactive, self-motivated, and able to function independently of supervision.
- Ability to travel up to 20% of the time as required.