We are seeking a talented attorney experienced in venture capital transactions to join our growing Science & Technology team. The Corporate Venture Counsel will serve as an in-house attorney/advisor to the venture investments team and will assist in managing all legal aspects of our venture investing activities.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, sex (including sexual or gender identity), religion, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, age, marital or veteran status, genetic information, physical or mental disability, or medical condition.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist the venture investments team on all legal aspects of venture capital activities, including direct investments and venture fund commitments.
- Review and negotiate venture capital financing documents and venture fund agreements.
- Structure, draft and negotiate a wide-range of legal documents for investment activities, including participation rights agreements.
- Manage investment transactions, including coordination with various functional groups across the Company and outside counsel.
- Perform other investment, capital markets and regional business development duties, as assigned.
- Maintain a strong presence and network throughout the Boston life science ecosystem
- Attend industry related events and workshops to promote Alexandria
Qualifications and Experience:
- J.D. from a top 25 accredited law school and MA bar admission in good standing required.
- 3+ years' corporate experience handling investment transactions and corporate matters.
- Must have broad experience in managing, drafting and negotiating transactions independently, including venture capital transactions, private equity and private and public offerings of securities.
- Familiarity with capitalization tables and all aspects of public/private IPO's.
- Must have prior experience representing venture backed start-ups and/or venture capital funds.
- Prior experience handling work out scenarios is desirable.
- Prior life science and technology experience is preferred.
- Strong connections across the Greater Boston life science ecosystem (universities, venture community, companies, etc.) is a plus.
- Strong business acumen and ethical standards.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and meet tight deadlines.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office, word, excel, power point.
- Experience in complex analytics and financial analysis a plus.
- Flexible work style and hands-on approach.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication, interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Must have a proven track record of building strong working relationships at all levels.
- Strong project management and analytical skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Positive attitude and overall outlook.