Corporate Technology (CT)
Confidential Company • New York, NY
5 - 7 years experience • Apparel & Footwear
$90K - $100K
Posted on 11/28/17 by Tatyana Lomberg
New York, NY
5 - 7 years experience
Apparel & Footwear
$90K - $100K
Posted on 11/28/17 by Tatyana Lomberg
- The Corporate Technology (CT) organization develops applications and provides technology support for corporate functions across JPMorgan Chase, including Global Finance, Corporate Treasury, Risk Management, Human Resources, Compliance, Legal, and all functions within the Corporate Administrative Office (CAO). CT teams are aligned with corporate partners’ evolving technology needs and the firm’s ever expanding technology controls agenda. A top CT priority is building scalable corporate systems. Teams focus on: • Responding to the evolving regulatory environment and helping to meet the firm’s regulatory commitments by addressing internal and external commitments • Advancing the firm’s Roadmap programs -- Single Sourcing of data, Architecture Convergence, and Rationalization of Platforms • Adopting industry leading technologies to support best-in-class business capabilities for high performance computing and data storage solutions • Driving innovation across the firm’s corporate technology portfolio, increasing efficiencies through process automation, and Agile application development, with an emphasis on user experience and shorter development cycles • Investing in security & controls for cyber, access/entitlements uplift, data protection and application resiliency The Application Support Engineer is responsible for providing technical analysis, troubleshooting and driving incident remediation for a portfolio of applications on various technology platforms that include both custom developed and packaged software solutions. The Application Support Engineer is required to work closely with Application Development, infrastructure and business teams to ensure the timely analysis and resolution of issues raised on a day to day basis. The Engineer is also required to adopt the standard operate framework within Corporate Technology and use the various tools for incident, risk, resiliency, change and knowledge management.In addition, the Application Support Engineer is expected to provide input to continuous service improvement with a focus on proactive analysis to drive down incident volume, reduce time to repair, and improve service efficiency. The role will require interactions with users and infrastructure support teams so must have strong communication skills, teamwork, as well as ability to effectively prioritize and manage a wide variety of tasks. Key responsibilitiesSupport operations, projects, and capability improvement for the entire service lifecycle, including the key functions of:
- Incident Management
- Problem Management
- Event Management
- Release Management
- Risk Management
- Capacity Management
- Identifying problems and opportunities, and participate in developing solutions
- Participate and own investigation and resolution of complex problems related to supported technologies
- Provide escalated ticket/incident managementsupported applications as well as will participate in defect management, issue tracking/trending.
- Taking leadership in owning issue resolution and driving them to completion.
- Ensuring that incident and problem management processes and procedures are followed and adhered to standards.
- Communicating to end users, engineers, and operations
- Work with the vendor on any support cases to seek out and test remediation
- Provide performance /capacity metrics and ad hoc reporting of the same
- Provide technical expertise and share knowledge with team as required
- Be on a weekend on-call rotation to provide level-2/3 application support (a 24x7 L1 team fields all calls and escalate only if needed)
- Monitor the application performance and provide technical support as required
- Learn new products and technologies outside of background experience
- This position is anticipated to require the use of one or more High Security Access (HSA) systems. Users of these systems are subject to enhanced screening which includes both criminal and credit background checks, and/or other enhanced screening at the time of accepting the position and on an annual basis thereafter. The enhanced screening will need to be successfully completed prior to commencing employment or assignment.Qualifications:Must have 5+ years of application development and/or support work experience.
- Experience with escalated ticket management. Able to work under pressure to resolve issues affecting production services.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving and multi-tasking skills.
- Experience with creating process, procedures, and documentation relating to incident management or systems operations.
- Able to work weekend on call rotations as required.
- Able to work independently as a self-starter as well as within a team dynamic.
- Ability to coordinate tasks with multiple teams in multiple locations and time zones.
- Energetic and highly self motivated.
- Effective communication skills with a diverse audience (technical and non technical).
- Able to adapt to new technologies.
- Experience with supporting OS (Windows, Linux), web servers (IIS, Apache), application servers (WebSphere, Tomcat).
- Configuring, maintaining and supporting multiple web applications on IIS/Apache & WebSphere/Tomcat platforms.
- Hands-on experience in troubleshoot performance issue including analyzing heap/thread dumps.
- Experience in performance tuning of web applications.
- Databasesupportexperience for Oracle and MS SQL.
- Experience in supporting applications deployed on Oracle RAC
- Experience in optimizing database queries.
- Experience with XML, HTML, Java, Java Script, and Unix Shell Script (ksh)
- Monitoring experience (AppDynamic, Apica, Geneos, etc) is a plus.
- Engineering Information Technology