The JP Morgan Chase Audit Department is accountable to the Audit Committee of the Board of Directors, the Executive Committee, the Office of the Chairman, senior management and the firm's regulators. The global Audit Department has approximately 1000 auditors. As one of the key control functions in JP Morgan Chase & Co, the Audit Department is an independent assessment function established to evaluate, test, and report on the adequacy and effectiveness of management systems of internal controls.
The Corporate Technology Audit Director is responsible for global Technology audit coverage over all corporate functions The Audit Director will be responsible for the ongoing risk assessment, control identification, audit plan management, resource scheduling, team development and continuous monitoring activities. The Audit Director will also be directly responsible for the management and development of a team of auditors (4 to 5) and will be responsible for understanding the application portfolio for corporate functions and keep informed of industry developments.
This role is for an experienced IT audit professional to join the North America Corporate Technology Audit Team. This position will include coverage of the Corporate Technology space including emerging technologies like Big Data, Could, Robotics, Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence.
- Work closely with business and technology audit colleagues to ensure that key risks are identified and assessed in the program of audit coverage.
- Assist in all aspects of audits including risk assessments, audit planning, audit testing, control evaluation, report drafting and follow up and verification of issue closure.
- Perform audit work in accordance with department and professional standards, and complete assignments in an efficient manner.
- Attention to detail to ensure accuracy and completeness of audit coverage.
- Write audit work papers and reports with minimal intervention by the Audit manager while managing a team of 4-5 employees.
- Partner with colleagues, stakeholders and control community members to evaluate, test and report on the adequacy and effectiveness of management controls with appropriate recommendations for improvement. This may be delivered through specific audit reviews or through ongoing involvement in major activities or projects.
- Bachelor's degree in Technology or Finance with at least 10+ years of internal or external auditing experience, with a good level of technology background.
- Proven people management experience.
- Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) and/or Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) designation considered an advantage.
- Extensive knowledge of system development life cycle concepts with an ability to quickly learn a complex, distributed computing environment, including AGILE development environments.
- Solid understanding of internal control concepts with the ability to evaluate and determine the adequacy of controls by considering business and technology risks in an integrated manner.
- Extensive knowledge of IT general controls as well as risk and controls associated with newer technologies and underlying platforms.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks concurrently in an efficient and effective manner with minimal supervision and manage teams in other locations.
- Experience in planning and executing audits in accordance with professional standards.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Also, good interpersonal skills with the ability to present complex and sensitive issues to senior management, and influence change.
- Ability to quickly build strong partnerships amongst technology and business Audit teams and internal stakeholders. Acts in an integrated manner and demonstrates a proactive and engaging approach during audit planning, execution and reporting.
- Team player who works well individually and in teams, shares information and collaborates with colleagues during execution of the audit plan.
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated, strong interest in learning, effective under pressure and willing to take personal responsibility / accountability
Req #: 190032228