Corporate Tax Manager, Tax Compliance
Join a growing, global commercial bank at the heart of the innovation, technology, green tech and life sciences space. We continue to expand our global footprint and our banking technology is at the core of everything we do. This is an important tax role that manages and supports our growing tax team focusing on managing our domestic and foreign income tax and non-income tax compliance and tax accounting and reporting. You will be working closely with proactive and fast-paced team focused on providing insights and delivery of innovative solutions. The position will build strong relationships with finance function and business line tax counterparts in the US and foreign corporate office. Primary Responsibilities:
- Manage compliance process for federal, state & local income taxes, including preparation of income tax returns and supporting schedules, quarterly estimated calculations, and drafting responses to tax notices and audits, etc.
- Prepare tax returns and supporting schedules for non-income tax filings including sales and use tax, property tax, franchise tax, and excise/occupation tax.
- Assist with taxaudits including gathering information, responding to information document requests (IDRs), and communicating the Company’s position with the auditors.
- Manage tax fixed asset schedules by coordinating with accounting and IT team to ensure tax fixed assets are reconciled annually and appropriate tax methods are selected.
- Support team in preparation of quarterly and annual domestic tax provision and FIN48 reserves, as needed.
- Prepare tax journal entries for Income, Franchise & Gross Receipts tax as well as correlating tax account reconciliations.
- Research and interpret federal and state tax statutes, regulations, and rulings, as well as local tax ordinances to ensure that the company is compliant.
- Perform various analyses to arrive at tax efficient strategies and structures in order to maximize tax savings or minimize tax exposure.
- Recognize opportunities within the department to obtain best practices as they relate to accuracy, efficiency and timeliness using technology and assist with implementation.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or equivalent – MST or CPApreferred.
- Seven or more years of public accounting or corporate taxexperience, preferably with federal, state and local compliance experience.
- Strong analytical, tax technical and research skills required.
- Ownership of areas of responsibility and accountability in providing accurate and timely deliverables
- Banking industry experience is a plus, but not required.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of ASC 740 income tax accounting is required.
- Ability to write technical memos and prepare presentations that are clear and persuasive, for both tax professionals and business partners
- Ability to clearly articulate expectations and desire to develop associates.
- Advanced Excel skills preferred. Proficiency with MS Office (PowerPoint, Word, Outlook). Fundamental knowledge of OneSource Income Tax essential and Oracle experiencepreferred, but not required.
- Excellent organizational skills with ability to handle multiple assignments.
- Must be result-driven, collaborative, and detail-oriented