Corporate Tax Director Overview:
Our growing Corporate Tax Team is looking for a dynamic Director interested in making an impact to help shape the future of the practice. As a member of the Corporate Tax team, you will work on all aspects of corporate tax return compliance, tax provision and consulting supporting some of the Bay Area’s most exciting clients.
- Consistent recognition as one of the Bay Area’s “Best Places to Work”
- Recognition as “Top 5 Accounting Firm in the Bay Area”
- BPMU – A corporate university that’s dedicated to your career growth and development
- Flexibility in your day-to-day work schedule
- Rich diversity in the clients, industries, and overall work
You Have (Requirements):
- Minimum of 7 years of experience working in a professional services organization as a corporate taxation specialist with a focus on publicly traded and pre-IPO companies.
- BS/BA degree in Accounting or related field; Master’s degree preferred.
- Licensed CPA required.
- Prefer experience from Big 4 or other large international public accounting or consulting firm.
- Experience with ASC 740 provision projects.
- Ability to oversee complex tax research projects for a variety of clients and diverse industries.
- Able to manage multiple complex projects and deliver in a timely manner.
- Ability or interest in generating and building business, ability to delegate work and manage staff.
- Strong analytical ability and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Experience mentoring and training more junior level team members.
You Will (Job Responsibilities):
- Maintain and developing client relationships as primary client contact on all tax compliance and consulting matters.
- Oversee complex tax research projects for a variety of clients and diverse industries.
- Work with clients to minimize their federal, state, and local tax liability.
- Managing engagement workflow, engagement team resources, and engagement billing.
- Develop and motivate tax seniors and associates by reviewing their work and providing them with counseling, leadership and career guidance.
- Collaborate with our Assurance professionals working on tax provisions.