The Global Headquarters for the Industry Leader in water & fuel movement systems is continuing to grow through acquisition and innovative products. Incredible career development opportunity for an experienced Public Accountant seeking to grow within a senior tax department with the work-life balance of a world-class corporate environment.
This position will be responsible for preparing Franklin Electric's global tax returns and related documentation. Preparation of the annual and quarterly GAAP accounting for income taxes analysis, including global oversight. Advises the company about taxliability issues, tax changes that may affect operations, and assures compliance of tax requirements. Coordinates audits and tax disputes; prepares/reviews monthly, quarterly, and annual sales and use tax returns; prepares/reviews property taxreports; and prepares/reviews annual state registrations. Assists with tax aspects of intercompany transactions, acquisitions, and the transfer pricing process.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepares global federal, state, and local tax returns for the company, including related schedules and reports.
- Prepares the annual and quarterly GAAP ASC740 accounting for income taxes analysis, with global oversight.
- Advises the company about global taxliability issues.
- Remains updated on global tax changes that may affect the company.
- Assists with the tax aspects of global intercompany transactions
- Assists the global transfer pricing process and related documentation
- Assists with tax aspects of acquisitions, globally.
- Responsible for all areas of US tax compliance.
- Coordinates US federal and state taxaudits.
- Assists with Global taxaudits
- Maintains the company's tax records with global oversight.
- Monitors US property depreciation.
- Researches tax law, regulations, and deregulation globally.
- Prepares income tax accruals for estimated payments.
- Responds to US federal, state, and local tax notices.
- Prepares monthly general ledger reconciliation globally
- Performs other related duties as required or assigned.
- Project based supervision
- Intern supervision
Skills and Abilities
- Understands US Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), with emphasis on ASC740.
- Understands complex tax and accounting principles.
- Understands basic legal entity structure and treasury principles.
- Writes routine reports and correspondence.
- Adds, subtracts, multiplies, and divides numbers (using currency and other forms of measurement).
- Utilizes common-sense understanding in order to carry out written, oral, or diagrammed instructions.
- Deals with problems involving several known variables in situations of routine nature.
- Plans the time, method, manner, and/or performance sequence of own work; may also occasionally assist in planning work assignments performed by others within a limited area of operation.
- Frequently makes decisions of both minor and major importance, which may affect the work operations of other employees to a moderate degree.
- Completes some moderately repetitive tasks.
- Uses noncomplex machines and equipment (adding machines, calculators, copy/fax machines, etc.).
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, business administration, finance, or a related field (required).
- Two to four years of tax accounting experience in a corporate or public accounting organization (preferred).
Certificates and Licenses
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) (required within 2-years).