One-part full life cycle recruiter in support of corporate functions and one-part strategic talent advisor to corporate leaders, in total you are a highly accomplished and results driven talent acquisition consultant.
You will leverage your expertise and our proven approach to acquire top talent on behalf of Butterball while delivering world-class candidate and hiring manager experiences throughout the strategic planning and tactical recruiting processes.
You will leverage your ability to evaluate talent and fit, outstanding communications skills, and deep knowledge of your client’s needs, roles, capabilities, and goals to influence and ensure the best possible organizational decisions and hires.
You will be comfortable conducting talent market research, conferring with corporate leaders, and be able to consistently create clarity where there was once only ambiguity and confusion.
You are collaborative by nature, hands-on by choice, and capable of quickly establishing rapport and trust with clients, candidates, and colleagues by embedding yourself in the organization, embodying our core TAAG values, and producing measurable results that wow!
You will be an integral and highly visible part of our high touch, high performance, and innovation-based talent strategy that has a direct impact on Butterball’s direction, growth, and success by shaping its most important asset – our people!
Is this you? If so, welcome to the Butterball Talent Acquisition and Advisory Group (TAAG).
Essential Duties, Functions, and Responsibilities:
- Manage diverse portfolio of roles and own the full life cycle recruiting function for assigned departments to include advisory meetings, market research, intake sessions, recruiting strategy (posting + sourcing), candidate review (screening and interviewing), calibrations, extending and negotiating offers.
- Collaborate with the Talent Sourcer to confirm requirements and success profile, coordinate outreach and communications strategies, and produce a top talent pool from which the winning candidate will be packaged and presented to the hiring manager in a timely manner.
- Work with the Talent Acquisition Specialist to organize interview teams and provide appropriate training/resources for interviewers to conduct effective behavioral-based interviews.
- Facilitate calibration sessions with interview teams to gather post interview feedback.
- Manage high-touch, high-performance communications with internal business partners throughout the talent acquisition life cycle.
- Ensure consistency and accuracy of all Talent Acquisition processes and policies.
- Present Talent Acquisition leadership with any relevant factors and patterns to formulate logical conclusions, alternatives, and effectively achieve successful outcomes.
- Adopt a KPI-driven approach in order to ensure that the TAAG is always optimizing its performance as measured by such metrics as time-to-fill, time-to-present-winning-candidate, quality of candidates presented, quality of hires, offer acceptance rate, hiring manager satisfaction, new hire satisfaction, and candidate experience scores.
- Background: the Dedicated Talent Acquisition Consultant (D-TAC) delivery model was developed in response to specific client needs and as a core component of the High Touch – High Performance – Always Innovate talent acquisition and advisory strategy at Butterball. Purpose and benefits of the model include:
- Transition away from typical order-taking, transactional recruiting function deemed to be limited in value.
- Increased understanding of a given department or business unit – its teams, roles, capabilities, and goals.
- Improved performance in context of key metrics such as quality of candidates presented, quality of hire, time-to-fill, hiring manager satisfaction, new hire satisfaction, and candidate experience scores.
- Increased ability to add incremental value through additional services such as competency modeling, compensation analysis, succession and workforce planning, and early talent development programs.
- Enhanced, and properly aligned with client needs, talent community development through pipelining.
- As a Talent Acquisition Consultant (TAC), you will be expected to regularly engage your assigned internal clients (defined as department or business unit) in order to fully understand their function as part of the enterprise, identify and document the client’s short, mid, and long-term needs and goals, as well as provide value-add, strategic services that extend beyond the requisition.
- As a subject matter expert/TAC, introduce, provide training on, and deploy such tools as 9-box grids, competency models, scenario planning maps, and surveys in support of developing/delivering workforce and succession plans.
- As warranted and assigned, engage in or lead special talent projects on behalf of TAAG or POD.
- Work with TAAG leadership and marketing to design, develop, and amplify Butterball’s employer + talent brand.
- Represent Butterball in the marketplace both as part of providing a world-class candidate experience and in support talent acquisition goals. Support alignment with Talent Management to ensure these relationships align with future leadership hiring needs and possible development opportunities.
- Attend and/or present at leadership huddles, partner events, and/or professional and industry conferences.
- 5+ years of recruiting, talent acquisition, and/or talent advisory experience. Proven success in an agency, search firm environment and/or full life cycle corporate recruiting role.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Management, Communications, HR, or related discipline.
- Demonstrated customer, candidate management and relationship building skills.
- Experience successfully managing a substantial portfolio of concurrent requisitions (10+).
- Direct experience working with hiring managers and industry experts.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Experience with an applicant tracking tool (Taleo preferred).
- Experience working with 9-box grids, competency models, scenario planning maps, Gantt charts, etc. preferred.
- Exemplary communication skills and advisory presence with an ability to develop and cultivate authentic, trust-based, and long-lasting relationships.
- Independent problem solver capable of succeeding without need of constant oversight.
- Attention to detail combined with strong time and project management skills are key to successfully managing multiple clients, requisition, and projects.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity, work in a fast-paced environment and willingness to roll up your sleeves to get things done and help where it is needed.
- Intellectual curiosity – consistently trying new methods, never comfortable.
- Business acumen – understands how our business makes money, how talent drives it, and how to measure success.
- Comfortable with ambiguity as we are building an environment of growth and change. A positive attitude, flexibility and resilience facing multiple demands and shifting priorities.
- Strong team contributor, sharing ideas, knowledge, and best practices.
- Influencing skills – the ability to quickly establish credibility and effectively manage others through influence.
- Self-motivated, confident, and able to work autonomously; takes initiative, makes things happen, accepts accountability, and has a 'can do' attitude.
- A strong value system, excellent judgment, unquestioned integrity.