ASR Group is the world’s largest refiner and marketer of cane sugar, with an annual production capacity of more than 6 million tons of sugar. The company produces a full line of grocery, industrial, food service and specialty sweetener products. Across North America, ASR Group owns and operates six sugar refineries, located in Louisiana, New York, California, Maryland, Canada and Mexico. In the European Union, the company owns and operates sugar refineries in England, Portugal. ASR Group also owns and operates mills in Mexico and Belize. The company’s brand portfolio includes the leading brands Domino®, C&H®, Redpath®, Tate & Lyle®, Lyle’s® and Sidul®.
Reporting to the VP of Corporate Social Responsibility, the successful candidate will be responsible for providing a wide variety of CSR and Administrative functions as require by the Legal department’s overall objectives.
DETAILED ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Populate and update records of the US Operations raw sugar suppliers through the CSR database in (Sharepoint) SugarNet
- Keeping Corporate Responsibility department’s administrative and information systems up to date, creating reports and collating data from multiple sources
- Liaise with other departments/entities within the organization to gather sustainability, supply chain data or other information with a professional, customer focus, friendly, and approachable manner
- Communicate with suppliers as directed by VP, Corporate Social Responsibility
- Assist Manager in preparation of reports, presentations, and CR materials
- Maintain and Organize Files
- Assist in preparation of reports and analysis of data
- Assist Vice President, Corporate Social Responsibility in the implementation of the strategies that underpin ASR’s CSR objectives
- Support the CSR’s department efforts in other supply chains beyond raw sugar
- Build relationships with raw sugar suppliers
- Implement and coordinate a range of activities and initiatives, which are designed to have a positive impact on the success of ASR’s CSR program
- Contribute through different activities to raise awareness of ASR’s commitment to CSR – initially internally
- Run reports via the CSR Database – reporting tool
- Ensure all relevant CSR policies and guidance documents are uploaded to CSR Procedures Manual
- Ensure all guidance documents are distributed to suppliers on a timely manner
- Communicate with suppliers as directed by the Vice President, Corporate Social Responsibility
- Assist the Vice President, Corporate Social Responsibility in preparations of reports, analysis of data, presentations and CSR materials
- Maintain accurate and detailed files
- 5 – 8 years of experience in Corporate Social Responsibility.
- CSR experience (CSR/sustainability department, social auditing firm, social certification organization, non-profit)
- Relevant working experience (2 years)/ understanding/familiarity with social standards – ideally: SEDEX, Bonsucro, ProTerra, SAI, Rainforest Alliance, Fairtrade
- Experience with an integrated Procure-to-Pay ERP module; SAP strongly preferred
- BA in Business Administration or related field (e.g. CSR auditing, sociology, social work, public administration etc.)
ESSENTIAL CAPABILITIES (KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES)
- Attention to detail is essential
- Able to take initiative and work with people from various background
- Able to prioritize while working under pressure
- Ability to work independently and with a high level of integrity and professionalism
- Good writing skills
- Analytical Skills – Ability to analyze information and make deductions in accordance with departmental guidelines. Ability to track and report data, as needed.
- Technical Skills – Strong knowledge of the Accounts Payable process in both a manual and electronic environment with a good understanding of general accounting, e.g., Chart of Accounts and Cost Centers.
- Computer Proficiency – Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook).
- Problem solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner, gathers and analyzes information skilfully.
- Customer Focus – Making customers and their needs a primary focus of actions; developing and sustaining productive customer relationships.
- Adaptability – Adapts without difficulty to changes in the work environment. Manages competing demands and is able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
- Ethics & Integrity – High degree of personal integrity in all business dealings.
- Execution – Attentive to detail and demonstrated ability to deliver on accountabilities in order to help the business and the team be successful. Track record of high-performance.
- Teamwork/Collaboration – A great team player with a great attitude, good customer service orientation, and focused on delivering outstanding results to their clients and the business, overall.
- Organization – Strong organization skills, attention to detail and follow-through to resolve any outstanding issues.
- Communication – Excellent written and verbal communication skills; appropriately communicates at all levels of the organization
Location – Travel
- West Palm Beach, FL
- 10% - 15% required Travel to other sites