You are not expected to have experience with all listed requirements. If you feel passionately about Acorns' mission, vision and values, please apply.
- Provide day-to-day counseling and advice on corporate and securities law matters, including ’34 Act compliance and exchange listing standards.
- Drive public company readiness and other compliance efforts, including the development and maintenance of policies, procedures, and training initiatives.
- Help prepare the company’s SEC filings and other public disclosure documents, including preparing 10-Ks, 10-Qs, 8-Ks, Proxy Statements, Section 16 Reports, and other SEC-related documents, when required.
- Review and provide input on earnings releases, press releases, and shareholder and investor communications for compliance with applicable securities laws.
- Advise on corporate governance and Board processes and practices, including the preparation and planning of Board meetings, governance policy updates and annual meeting of stockholders.
- Advise on matters related to equity issuances and executive compensation.
- Manage the corporate governance of our subsidiaries.
- Monitor and analyze regulatory developments and best practices in the securities and corporate governance arenas and drive change and education as appropriate.
- Assist with complex financing, M&A and capital markets transactions.
- Help advise on a multitude of issues across the company and assist with general corporate work.
What you will bring to Acorns:
- 5+ years corporate/securities attorney at a top law firm or in-house
- JD with strong academic credentials from a nationally recognized law school
- Admission in good standing with at least one state bar, preferably California or New York
- Extensive knowledge of corporate and securities law for public companies, including SEC reporting requirements, stock exchange compliance, corporate governance, board matters, public company filings, equity based compensation structures and equity plan administration
- Experienced reviewing earnings press releases and other public disclosures
- Knowledgeable of Section 16 reporting and insider trading compliance matters
- Experience handling transactions involving equity investments, including IPOs and private financings, and familiarity with debt instruments and credit facilities
- Ideally, though not required, also has experience with non-securities related corporate matters including M&A and joint ventures
- Experience advising high-growth companies or in-house experience at a public company is a plus
- A detail oriented, skillful drafter and issue-spotter completely capable of assessing both legal and business risks
- Ability to multitask, problem solve, work independently and balance competing priorities in a rapidly changing and fast paced environment
- Sound judgment with the knowledge to resolve complicated matters while maintaining integrity and confidentiality
- A team player with low ego and a positive attitude, even in stressful situations
- Thirst for delivering game-changing products
- Exceptional drive and precision in delivery
- A belief that your work is tied to your life's mission
- Optimistic about the potential of societal change
What we offer:
- Competitive salary and stock options
- A comprehensive benefits package to meet the needs of you and your family
- Flexible paid time off
- Talented and motivated team members who care deeply about one another, our mission and our customers.
- The rare opportunity to create a new world. We inspire one another every day to do meaningful work that solves big societal challenges.