Corning is one of the world’s leading innovators in materials science. For more than 160 years, Corning has applied its unparalleled expertise in specialty glass, ceramics, and optical physics to develop products that have created new industries and transformed people’s lives.
Corning succeeds through sustained investment in R&D, a unique combination of material and process innovation, and close collaboration with customers to solve tough technology challenges.
Principal purpose of role is to initiate and facilitate developments and improvements in the application and implementation of safety programs to ensure compliance with company standards and applicable legislation and to encourage improvement in culture and performance.
- Conduct system, facility, project, process and equipment evaluations and make recommendations to address OSH concerns
- Conduct safety assessments, compliance audits and risk-based spot audits against corporate and applicable legislative requirements
- Identify and prioritize areas of deficiency against requirements and opportunity for implementation of leading practices
- Facilitate development of corrective action plans and annual site safety plans
- Lead and/or participate in detailed planning and review of projects or activities to address facility-specific, regional or corporate-wide initiatives. Identify need for, and deliver, training, instruction and guidance on safety issues
- Develop and deliver training to instruct on and interpret corporate safety requirements
- Provide professional advice on the application of the corporate safety management system framework
- Provide answers to direct queries from facility management and safety specialists on safety issues and/or locate suitable resource to provide support (e.g. consultant, linkage with other facility) Provide policy, procedural, legal and leading practice advice and support to managers and facility safety specialists
- Maintain detailed, specialist knowledge of occupational safety and health legislation via continuous professional development through education, training, conferences and research
- Assist facility management and safety specialists in the prioritization of activities to address safety risks
- Identify and recommend new intervention approaches that will enable facilities or businesses to show continuous improvement in safety performance and culture Engage regional and site leadership to facilitate their authentic involvement in sponsoring and driving safety initiatives to improve safety performance and towards an interdependent culture
- Maintain regular contact with facility management to facilitate on-going identification of issues where regional or global solutions may be applied
- 7 to 10 years of safety experience at a manufacturing site or corporate safety group
- Bachelor Degree in in technical field (Engineering, science, Occupational Safety, etc.)
- Willing to travel as needed (up to %50)
- This role also has flexibility to be located in the following areas: Wilmington, NC, Charlotte, NC, Hickory, NC, Keller, TX, Manassas, VA, or Boston, MA, Phoenix, AZ. Relocation incentive negotiable.