DAK Americas is a globally competitive supplier of Terephthalic acid (TPA) - Monomers, Polyethylene Terephthalate Resins(PET) and Polyester Staple Fibers (PSF) for the western hemisphere. The company is headquartered in Charlotte, NC with manufacturing facilities in the Carolinas.
This position will be for a Corporate Safety Engineer located atour Columbia site in Gaston, SC.
The ideal candidate for the Corporate Safety Engineer role willbe results driven, motivated by technical challenges and has excellent communication, organization and interpersonal skills as well as demonstrated strong problem solving and analytical skills.
The Corporate Safety Engineer will be accountable for the following responsibilities:
- Assisting in directing corporate safety programs and ensuring the corporation is in compliance with all applicable OSHA, other national and state safety regulations
- Effectively audit, find problems and implement solutions atall DAK Americas manufacturing locations.
- Currently this position focuses on Material Handling and Fire Protection safety. But focuses will be added and subtracted based on company needs.
- Bachelor's in applicable field OR 10 years industrial experience
- 5 years of safety related experience
- Manufacturing experience is PREFERRED
- Safe work habits with high energy level
- Ability to successfully work independently and as a member of a cross-functional team seeking to continuously improvement
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Results oriented. Ability to translate key area and business needs into the right priorities and action
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Good problem solving and math skills
- Proficient in the use of personal computers and Window Software Suit