Diversified Utility Services Inc. is a utility line construction contractor located in Bakersfield, Calif and serving the western United States. We are a certified Woman/Minority Owned Utility Construction Contractor and recognized by BNR as eighth in the United States for utility construction. The company's major clients include Southern California Edison (SCE), Pacific Gas & Electric (PG&E), San Diego Gas & Electric (SDGE), Western Area Power Administration, Rocky Mountain Power, PacifiCorp and many more.
The company seeks a highly motivated and competent individual for a newly established lead position in our safety organization. This is a strategic leadership position and will be responsible for improving on existing safety programs initiatives and policies, and for compliance with applicable regulatory laws and company policies and procedures. The position requires experience and understanding of the powerline construction industry and the regulatory standards that apply to our business. This position will require excellent written and oral communication skills as part of our business dealings with clients, regulatory agencies, and internally with our executive team and employees. Familiarity with California OSHA, Title 8 California Code of Regulations is required. Certification as a Safety Professional (BCSP) is desired.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities will Include but Not Limited To:
- Fiscally responsible for the safety department budget and expenses while guiding the daily work of personnel in a direct reporting relationship and periodically evaluate their performance.
- Partner with other members of the safety staff, superintendents, field supervisors, and the executive team to ensure the safety of all employees and the public as well as identify potential safety and health risks across the company and to develop prevention and corrective strategies.
- Responsible for staying current with safety and environmental regulations to ensure compliance. Report variances and non-compliance issues to the COO/VP Safety with recommendations for correction.
- Ensure the company safety and training manuals and programs are current and compliant based on regulatory requirements, external and internal audits, as well as recommend improvements to the process.
- Monitor and review the company’s account in ISNetworld to ensure compliance with utility customer requirements and facilitate necessary submittals.
- Must be familiar with the Contractor Safety Standards established and required by utility customers and ensure compliance with those standards, including the safety expectations and requirements relating to subcontractors performing work for Diversified Utility Services, Inc.
- Must be able to travel to various locations in California and other states to job locations where the company is performing work.
- Reviews potential liability claims submitted against the company and recommends appropriate resolution.
- Prepare and distribute internal safety announcements and bulletins, Take 5 Diversified, to communicate safety information and messages to the workforce.
- Work with the Corporate Human Resources Director to evaluate and make recommendation for appropriate resolution of personnel related matters.
- Work with the Corporate Safety Administrator to ensure compliance with workers’ compensation, drug and alcohol/DOT, and Driver’s license related regulations and to ensure personnel training records are current at all times.
- Attend and participate in various industry related networks and programs to stay on top of market trends.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.