This position is responsible for researching, organizing and completing various SEC documents to ensure financial information is accurate and in compliance with general accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and Securities Exchange Commission (SEC) regulations.
Essential Job Responsibilities include:
- Participate in the organization, drafting and distribution to senior management and auditors of SEC documents such as the 10-Q and 10-K including financial statements, financial statement footnotes and MD&A using financialschedules prepared by other functional groups and disclosure checklists to ensure compliance with GAAP and SEC regulations.
- Work closely with CFG’s external auditors to meet their information needs and to communicate financialreporting issues during quarter and year end periods to the audit firm’s satisfaction.
- Perform ad-hoc analyses and research of accounting literature and peer benchmarking, as requested by management, including monitoring and participating as a key contributor on projects to implement new rules and regulations proposed, or under review, by accounting standards setting bodies (such as the FASB and SEC) to analyze the impact on CFG’s operations.
- Participate in the review of materials prepared by CFG’s Investor Relations and Communications teams, including earnings release materials and analyst/investor presentations.
- Coordinate and participate in the preparation of financial statements for CFG’s Pension and 401K plans.
- Participate in CFG strategic initiatives and projects to identify and execute upon process streamlining opportunities.
- 8-10 years’ experience in public accounting or a combination of public accounting and corporate accounting required (public accounting preferred).
- Strong understanding of GAAP and SEC reporting requirements and researching SEC reporting and technical issues, including all disclosures and MD&A.
- Prior experience working collaboratively with various department and groups (investor relations, legal, treasury, tax, accounting, etc.)
- Ability to research and analyze new accounting standards/pronouncements issued by the SEC and FASB to determine the impact on the Company.
- Ability to collaborate internally, and externally, to achieve appropriate solutions necessary for financialreporting deadlines.
- Strong consultative and communication skills (written & oral) and ability to interface effectively with all internal and external stakeholders and effectively disseminate information.
- Ability to properly manage and prioritize resources and projects.
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with demonstrated ability to provide creative solutions to real-time challenges.
- Ability to work in high production environment and respond quickly and effectively under pressure and deadlines.
- Excellent Microsoft Office Suite skills.
- Familiarity with Workiva application and XBRL a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or financerequired.