About Swiss Re
The Swiss Re Group is one of the world’s leading providers of reinsurance, insurance and other forms of insurance-based risk transfer, working to make the world more resilient. It anticipates and manages risk – from natural catastrophes to climate change, from ageing populations to cybercrime. The aim of the Swiss Re Group is to enable society to thrive and progress, creating new opportunities and solutions for its clients. Headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, where it was founded in 1863, the Swiss Re Group operates through a network of around 80 offices globally. It is organized into three Business Units, each with a distinct strategy and set of objectives contributing to the Group’s overall mission.
About the role
This role is responsible for the office operations management of Swiss Re's Windsor, CT, Needham, MA and Marlton, NJ offices. The Office Manager will oversee the third-party contractor in the office which includes mail/reception. The position is based in Windsor, CT.
Responsibilities of position:
- Oversee the facilities operations for Swiss Re's Windsor CT, Needham, MA and Marlton, NJ offices.
- Manage relationships with key internal clients, vendors and employees.
- Recruit, hire and develop office staff. Develop staff in procedures and duties and work with third party vendors regarding expectations of staff.
- Responsible for planning and monitoring of annual expenses. Review all invoices for the office and ensure the timely payment. Key accountability for budgeting, forecasting and oversight of expenses for the office.
- Manage space allotments for each business unit within the office. Oversee moves, on boarding and off boarding within the workplace management tool (Insight).
- Manage all onsite health, safety and security for the office including managing fire and EAP drills, overseeing the maintenance of AED's and fire extinguishers and working on CPR and AED training.
- Manage site business continuity plans ensuring appropriate procedures are documented and staff is full trained.
- Oversee external vendors for document management, security, cleaning, and all office maintenance including monitoring performance, accountability, deliverables and invoicing as defined by proposal and/or contract.
- Manage contractors for construction and infrastructure projects ensuring that works meets contract scope including all deadlines (project dates and budget).
- Prepare Global Management System reporting and complete audit requirements including ISO 14001 environmental reporting for the office. Manage green team meetings and initiatives for the office.
- Coordinate catering as outlined in Swiss Re's global catering roll out, Schedule Now.
- Stakeholder for Swiss Re's new roll out of Fit for Future (FfF).
- Special projects will be assigned as needed.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Annual Operations Survey results, % variance from budget, auditreports, office maintenance, contractor/vendor performance.
About the team:
The Regional CRES (Corporate Real Estate & Services) team is a team of talented and motivated individuals based throughout the Americas. The team manages all Real Estate and Facilities operations and develops and provides professional solutions to our stakeholders at all levels of the organization. We are a trusted advisor and partner to ensure that high levels of service and standards are regularly exceeded. To achieve this we constantly engage with internal and external experts and leverage individual skills and knowledge across our team to inform business decisions.
- Bachelor's degree or relevant work experiencerequired.
- Minimum 5 years facility or office management experiencepreferred with a track record in building employee relationships.
- Environmental experiencepreferred.
- Minimum 5 years supervisory experience.
- Knowledge of building leases preferred.
- Project management experiencepreferred,
- Strong communications, verbal and written, required.
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.