What sets Bank of the West apart from other banks is our team members–they embody the optimistic spirit of the West. There is a spirit here that drives us to do more. Our team of more than 10,000 employees is vital to the success of our Bank. They reflect our modern western values—straightforward, entrepreneurial and optimistic. We seek to create a corporate culture that fosters and rewards excellence, encourages creative thinking and respects diversity – an environment where team members are engaged, supportive of one another and enthusiastic about serving our customers. Bank of the West offers the stability of a company that has a 135 year history and is part of BNP Paribas, a European leader in global banking and financial services and one of the 6 strongest banks in the world. We offer opportunities across our diverse business lines – Retail Banking, Commercial Banking, National Finance, and Wealth Management.
Job Description Summary
Responsible for managing an assigned portfolio of bank leases and owned properties.
Essential Job Functions
- Manages portfolio of leases, whether as lessor or lessee, including projections, collections, and payments.
- Negotiates assigned leases, whether as lessor or lessee.
- Negotiates purchase and sale agreements for acquisition and disposition of bank properties.
- Prepares and implements annual income and expense budget.
- Ensures rent and expense payments are processed in a timely and accurate manner.
- Prepares reports reflecting occupancy, lease expiration, income and expense of assigned leased properties.
- Interacts with internal Bank Clients in concert with Division Liaisons to manage lease expirations and renewal activity.
Other Job Duties
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Requires deep knowledge of job area typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience.
- Typically viewed as a specialist within discipline.
- May have broad knowledge of project management.
- Requires 7 years minimum prior relevant experience.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent combination of training and experience
Licenses & Certifications
- Very good knowledge of real estate leasing, including documentation.
- Good knowledge of commercial property management including tenant relations.
- Very good knowledge of real estate principles and bookkeeping.
- Analytical and research.
- Coordinate meetings.
- Negotiation skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Compose letters/memorandums.
- Use of personal computer.