Responsible for the direction, development and the effectiveness of Hilmar Cheese Company (HCC) Site Quality Managers and staff. Monitors and engages site quality leadership to ensure HCC site quality and food safety standards are met, budgets are adhered to, and site QA resources achieve the goals of the Site and Corporate Quality Assurance Teams. This role is responsible for site quality people and performance, leadership, management, systems, programs, effectiveness and accountabilities.
- Responsible for reliably and consistently ensuring Site QA resources deliver:
- SAP system implementation
- Corporate Food Safety and Quality Management System compliance, compliance with regulatory requirements/audits – with timely closure
- HACCP and food safety program compliance
- Favorable and improving safety performance, world class food safety (FS)
- Customer complaint investigations with robust problem solving/CAPA
- Internal and external audits
- Continuous improvement of quality systems and results
- Food safety permit process
- Validation plans, project reviews
- Site GMP/housekeeping and enforcement of the hygiene zone program
- Site environmental surveillance program, environmental disruption reports
- Site pest control program management
- Site GFSI certification
- Continuously improving timeliness and accuracy of lab sampling/testing processes and results, etc.
- Analyze data and write summaries to validate or show deviations from existing standards.
- Recommend modifications to existing/suggest new standards, methods and procedures.
- Work with the Quality Teams to help identify, solve and prevent problems affecting quality.
- Promote a culture of continuous improvement and learning.
- Represent Corporate Quality Assurance as a subject matter expert.
- Develop and mentor staff
- Promote Company Culture
- Achieve common business goals through cooperative alignment with all departments.
- Annual completion of OSHA required safety training.
- · English skills must be proficient to understand, read, write and speak English
- Bachelor Degree in Food Science or a related field required.
- Master’s Degree preferred
- 10 years of quality assurance or related experience required.
- 10 years of professional advancement through leadership positions of increasing responsibility required.
- Background with dairy process, cheese and ingredient manufacturing methods, process improvement programs, and quality management systems is preferred.
- Strategic knowledge of production operations, HCC site quality management, yield and cost. Advanced knowledge of HCC quality, operations, and technical support
- Advanced industry related courses and vendor trade shows
- Software program proficiency in: Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook.