SCOPE OF POSITION
The Project Manager is responsible for design and implementation of assigned major capital and major expense projects across the North American organization. He/she also takes a lead role in identifying project opportunities and managing capital budget and capital planning.
- Manages and supports multiple capital projects ranging in size from $100K to $50MM.
- Ensures appropriate project resourcing of the owner’s team and securing of outsourced engineering, procurement, and construction resources as required.
- Collaborates with engineering and project management peers, and provides leadership and mentoring in development of best practice project and capital management systems.
- Directs integration of engineering and technical activities in support of turnarounds, reliability projects, and production improvements for Chemtrade facilities and customers.
- Supports other programs and management systems, including reliability centred maintenance, process safety management, mechanical integrity, preventive and predictive maintenance, and continuous improvement.
- Ability to support multiple sites project requirements and direct contractors and engineering services while off-site.
- Supports developing, promoting, and carrying out of policies to ensure that the facilities are in compliance with Responsible Care, safety, environmental, and regulatory requirements at all times. Incorporates safety, health, and environmental best practices and regulatory compliance into all engineering and project management activities, and ensures adherence to engineering principles, practices, and standards
- Provides technical and engineering support to Chemtrade facilities, including conducting of engineering studies and development of capital cost estimates.
- Mentors/Coaches the Project Engineer on various projects and assignments
- Other Duties as assigned
- BSc - Engineering (Chemical or Mechanical Engineering) - Electrical Engineering may be considered.
- 10+ years of Project Engineering experience in chemical manufacturing or refining plants
- Demonstrated skill/knowledge in the following areas: Capital project management, Manufacturing plant support, Construction, Chemical plant engineering, Equipment design, Material handling equipment, Piping, Pneumatic equipment, Materials of construction
- Ability to relationships build at all levels within the organization
- Knowledge of Responsible Care 14001, ISO 14001, ASTM and ASME standards preferred
- Must be able to travel up to 75-80%