Amcor is seeking an Electrical Project Engineer to join our Corporate Facilities Engineering Group!
Requirements for this position includes industrial plant facility related project engineering work and/or facility maintenance experience. The ideal candidate should have experience with building and equipment power distribution systems and National Electrical Code (NEC). Also, facility support systems such as security and fire protection monitoring/alarm systems, building management systems, voice/data communications, lighting, HVAC controls, air compressors and water chillers, some AC/DC drives experience, PLCs, and HMIs. In addition, the successful candidate will be an effective communicator, possess considerable skills in problem solving, time management, project management, and is a team player able to work effectively within all levels of the organization. Some travel will be expected.
WHAT YOU GET TO DO
- Determines customer’s needs by identifying problems and safety concerns. Develop and evaluate solutions thereby defining project scope.
- Establishes Project Team, facilitates and documents Project team meetings.
- Estimates cost necessary to accomplish scope with some guidance from others.
- Develops and communicates project schedule with some guidance from others.
- Develops, prepares and/or assembles the engineering package/project documentation for each assigned project. This includes designs, calculations, layouts, schematics, manuals, bid specifications, etc.
- Provides the purchasing services for project materials required. This includes reviewing potential vendors, contacts with vendors, coordinating with the Purchasing Department, issuing purchase orders, some price negotiation, and expediting delivery.
- Manages project costs, project scheduling and supplying pertinent communication for multiple complex and wide-ranging engineering projects that may vary in terms of scope and responsibilities.
- Communicates all appropriate information in a timely manner and fashion to the necessary people within and outside the organization.
- Completes Project Closeout and Post mortem analysis for appropriate projects.
- Interfaces with people, departments, and/or companies to insure that equipment is safe, made on schedule and to specification
- Coordinates or assists with installation, checkout, start-up and training as necessary.
- Secures and maintains knowledge of current industry practices as they may apply to Bemis products and equipment.
- Completes project documentation, as required.
- Assists, as necessary, in the interview process of candidates for filling openings
- Manage project costs, project scheduling and supplying pertinent communication for multiple complex and wide-ranging engineering projects
- Determine materials required for each project including reviewing potential vendors, issuing purchase requisitions and expediting delivery when necessary
- Determine customers’ needs by identifying problems, developing and evaluating solutions thereby defining project scope
WHAT WE VALUE
- Strong communication and team skills necessary in working with equipment suppliers and contractors and in sharing project information with internal departments
- Strong knowledge of personal computers and Microsoft software including Word and Excel.
- Strong organizational, problem solving and interpersonal skills to effectively contribute to executing projects
- Strong knowledge of concepts and practices as they relate to Bemis Flexible Packing manufacturing processes.
WHAT WE WANT FROM YOU
- A BSEE degree
- Previous job experience requires flexible packaging exposure.
- A minimum of 5 years of exposure to industrial plant project engineering and/or maintenance.
- Candidates should have experience with building and equipment power distribution systems and National Electrical Code (NEC). Also, facility support systems such as security and fire protection, voice/data communications, lighting, HVAC controls, air compressors and water chillers, some AC/DC drives experience, PLCs, and HMIs.
- Some travel will be expected.