Corporate - Professional Practices Quality Assurance - Audit Practices Manager - Vice President
udit Department Description
The JPMorgan Chase Audit Department is accountable to the Audit Committee of the Board of Directors, the Office of the Chairman, executive management and regulators. Audit is charged with providing an independent evaluation of the adequacy and effectiveness of the overall system of internal control.
The function works as a strategic partner to assist management in identifying and mitigating control risks and ensuring compliance with laws and regulations across the firm. Reporting functionally to the Audit Committee and administratively to the Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, Audit employs more than 1,000 professionals worldwide.
Audit Practices is responsible for maintaining and enhancing practices, policies and tools used by the Audit Department globally. This team centrally manages the Audit Department's core business processes, partnering with senior members of the department to continually enhance these functions.
The primary responsibilities of the team include audit practices and supporting tools, quality assurance, internal and external reporting, department technologyinfrastructure and automated auditing support, training and campus recruiting.
This position encompasses the execution and delivery a best-in-class program of quality assurance. The individual will play a key role in influencing positive change throughout the audit department globally and will participate on other special projects, as applicable. This highly visible position will report to the Quality Assurance Manager.
- Execute validation of regulatory and QA-raised issues, reviews of Audit Work papers, reviews of Audit Practices processes and programs and other topical and special projects
- Positively and creatively influence department change
- Seek ways to increase efficiency and effectiveness of work performed
- Build and maintain key relationships across the Audit department, establishing a culture of engagement and adding value to the department
- 7 years experience within internal audit or related financial services experience
- Bachelor's degree
- CIA, CISA, CPA or CAMS certification desirable
- Knowledge of areas such as Capital Planning, Fiduciary, Models and Technology is desired, but not essential.
- Experience in performing regulatory issue validations and interacting with regulators is desired, but not essential.
- Experience in planning and executing audit projects in accordance with professional standards
- In-depth understanding of audit methodologies In-depth knowledge of financial services, with ability to evaluate appropriateness of audit results across multiple lines of business
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written; must be comfortable presenting results and recommendations to senior management
- Proven track record regarding ability to build good working relationships and influencing change
- Strong project management skills; must be able to manage multiple projects concurrently
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated, effective under pressure and willing to take personal responsibility/accountability
Req #: 180028613