Responsible for leading multiple commodity managers in the development and implementation of supply base strategies relevant to assigned commodities, managing and mitigating supplier risk, supporting market intelligence to align withtechnology and product roadmaps, negotiating contracts and agreements tomaximize leveraged benefit across the organization, and driving continuous improvement through the assigned supply base in cost, quality, delivery, lead-time, and service. Requires domestic and international travel (anticipated to be approximately 10-15%).
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES / REQUIREMENTS:
- Supports market tests, RFQs, CRs and PRIs.
- Supports development of sourcing strategies to control purchased material costs and to assure an adequate and appropriate source of supply.
- Drives continuous improvement throughout the value chain to create sustainable competitive advantage and to achieve lowest total cost.
- Understands, tracks, and forecasts key cost drivers and market factors.
- Supports the development of multiple commodity strategies including spend analysis, market and geographic considerations, strategic importance, targeted technologies, risk management, and a continuous total cost of ownership focus to provide a competitive advantage in the marketplace.
- Supports and reviews locating a consolidated supplier base to meet current/future needs.
- Creates and maintains mutually beneficial long-term partnerships withsuppliers.
- Supports and manages supplier performance ratings for QCDM metrics.
- Ensures Company and supplier alignment on key business strategies.
- Identifies and supports the collection and distribution of pertinent economic data and leverages this information to drive consensus across the organization regarding hedging and price locking decisions.
We are looking for:
- A candidate with strong technical expertise in electronics and motion commodities.
- A solution driven self-starter with a high degree of motivation who can operate with minimal supervision. A closer who gets the job done.
- A leader who can mentor and develop staff to achieve the highest levels of performance.
- An individual who possesses analytical and problem solving ability toevaluate strategic and tactical options and their potential impact on the organization.
- Someone with the ability to fully understand key market and business drivers that will deliver successful commodity strategies to sustain supply chain continuity.
Must possess exceptional oral, written, and presentation skills with the ability toeffectively communicate cross-functionally across all levels of the organization and with suppliers. Excellent planning, project management, and interpersonal skills are also a must.
Applicant must be proficient with Microsoft suite of products. Experience in ERP/MRP programs a plus. A background within a heavy product industry such as automotive, trucks, trains, material handling, or aerospace could translate well.
Greene, NY - Building 1-G1
Requires a Bachelor's degree in Business, Engineering, Material Management, or Supply Chain Management, or a related field. Master's Degree is preferred. At least 8 years professional experience, with at least 3 years of management experience is required. Professional experience should include background with electronics and motion commodities. CPIM, CRP, or Six Sigma certification is desirable.