McGuireWoods LLP has an opening for a Corporate Practice Assistant/Legal Secretary to support attorneys in the M &A, Corporate Transactions & Technology and Debt Finance practice groups in the downtown Los Angeles office. The Assistant will support partners and associates with legal and administrative tasks to include document management, opening and closing of files, calendaring, time entry/billing, travel arrangements, meeting/conference scheduling, closing binders and other special projects. The ideal candidate will have experience with supporting attorneys in both corporate and litigation practice groups.
- Prepares,edits and formats legal documents, including closing documents, signature pages and binders
- Manages attorneys’ calendars, coordinates meetings, schedules conference rooms, and makes travel arrangements as required
- Assists with billing process to include entering attorney time, reviewing pro formas (initiates transfers), editing and preparing draft/final bills and cover letters for clients
- Prepares forms for expense reports, check requests, reprographic services, etc.
- Prepares legal documents and correspondence from draft
- Opens, prioritizes and distributes mail. Coordinates mailings, deliveries, copying and courthouse filings where appropriate
- Minimum five years supporting corporate/transactional attorneys in internal and external leadership roles at a large law firm
- Experience working with both corporate and litigation practice groups preferred
- Must be proficient with MS Office 2013
- Preferredexperience in e-filing, time entry and billing software (Elite), and expense reimbursement software (ChromeRiver)
- Must be highly organized and a self-starter.