The Corporate Payroll Specialist enhances the lives of our team members by making sure that our paychecks are accurate and timely for each payroll. To be successful in this role, they need to have a passion for processing payroll, working with details and have a strong overall knowledge of payroll systems.
In addition, this role would be a catalyst for helping us to pull and analyze key metrics and data regarding the demographics and trends of our overall workforce. Having a friendly and collaborative approach to help support their fellow team members is a must. Plus, curiosity to continue to learn and invest in their personal professional development is essential. A successful Corporate Payroll Specialist will be responsible for carrying out the principal accountabilities of the position while supporting the vision and intent of The Schenck Way.
The duties identified below are the essential functions of the position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Work within Ultimate Software to process bi-weekly and off-cycle payrolls.
· Updating and verifying payroll related team member changes.
· Create payrollreports for various departments.
· Process and file quarterly and year end payrollreports and W-2’s.
· Process compensation changes and bonuses.
· Issue and record adjustments to pay, related to previous errors or retroactive increases.
· Register for state ID #’s when entering new state(s).
· Answer team member inquires on payroll related questions.
· Being proactive in communicating and problem solving opportunities as they may arise.
Data Gathering and Analytics
· Support the multiple cross function teams with data collection as needed.
· Pulling key data from Ultimate and other sources to support Firm and key team metrics and dashboards.
· Compile statistical reports, statements, and summaries related to pay and benefits accounts and submit them to appropriate departments.
Other Duties/ Responsibilities
· Complete wage surveys.
· Develop and maintain affirmative action program; files EEO-1 report annually; maintains other records, reports, and logs to conform to EEO regulations.
· Complete Unemployment Insurance forms as needed.
· Complete, verify, and process forms and documentation for administration of benefits.
· Keep informed about changes in tax and deduction laws that apply to the payroll process.
· Engage in ongoing personal development in line with the growth and development strategy.
Skills & Requirements
To perform this position successfully, an individual must be reliable, have an engaging and thoughtful approach to supporting their fellow team members, be a curious learner in helping maximize the return of systems and investing in their own development.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge and skills required. The individual must be able to successfully pass background checks.
· AssociateDegree or 4 yeardegree in Accounting, Finance or related degreerequired.
· 5+ years of payroll processing experience.
· Experience in processing multi-state and entity payrolls.
· Experience with Ultimate Software preferred but not required.
Knowledge and Skills Required: