Corporate Partnerships Manager
AI4ALL is a new organization founded in March, 2017 whose mission is to increase diversity and inclusion in artificial intelligence. AI4ALL was founded by leading technologists including Dr. Fei-Fei Li, Director of Stanford AI Lab and Chief Science of AI at Google Cloud and seed funded by Melinda Gates (Pivotal Ventures) and Jensen Huang (CEO/Founder of NVIDIA). AI4ALL's core model is educating and supporting the next generation of diverse leaders in AI through summer camps for underrepresented high school students at leading Universities including: Stanford, UC Berkeley, Princeton, Carnegie Mellon and Boston University. AI4ALL is tripling its impact in 2018 and is seeking a driven individual to help us build, nurture and sustain successful partnerships with some of the top companies and leaders in AI today.
About the Position
AI4ALL has secured relationships and support from the top companies and thought leaders in artificial intelligence, including Melinda Gates, NVIDIA, Autodesk and others. This role, a new position beginning in 2018, will be responsible for managing donor and sponsor relationships to sustain and increase revenue and grow the first ever corporate engagement program for artificial intelligence talent. There are ample opportunities for growth in this role and successful candidates will be able to ramp up responsibility over time. This critical role reports to the Executive Director and are based at the organization?s headquarters in Oakland, CA.
The primary job duties include:
- Cultivate exceptional relationships with a portfolio of AI4ALL funders, donors and sponsors with the goal of 100% annual renewal.
- Launch and manage the AI4ALL corporate engagement program, including a year-round program of opportunities including employee mentorship for AI4ALL students and alumni.
- Work closelywith the program team to plan and execute corporate engagement events to ensure an excellent experience for students and alumni, University partners and corporate partners.
- Coordinate with the AI4ALL communications team to highlight donor and corporate partner success stories.
- Track and monitor donor and sponsor contracts and agreements and ensure all deliverables are met fully and on time.
- Manage donor reporting process including writing and submitting grant reports.
- Coordinate grant and sponsorship renewal process from end to end.
- Passion for AI4ALL?s mission, culture, and values.
- Experiencewith corporate and institutional giving, customer success and managing donor/corporate engagement programs.
- Ability to understand customer incentives, needs and structures and diverse institutional perspectives.
- Strong project management, organizational and time management skills with exceptional attention to detail.
- Flexible and adaptable style; a leader who can be proactive and positive in a fast-paced, startup environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to influence and engage donors and build long-term relationships.
- 3-5years of professional experience in a development role or customer success role.
- Demonstrated success in relationship management and/or donor/corporate engagement programs.
- Track record of having expanded and cultivated existing donor relationships over time, especially with corporate donors.
AI4ALL, a project of Tides Center, is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce at all levels of the organization. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal law. This policy applieswith regard to all aspects of employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.
Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process.