The Corporate Paralegal supports the In-House Counsel and Corporate Secretary of a global organization. This role assists in many facets of legal work, from commercial contracting to employee training. The Corporate Paralegal will offer services in litigation management, corporate secretarial work, and other specific business legal needs.
- Track and facilitate transactional and litigation matters
- Improve and implement corporate contracting procedures
- Assist with drafting and reviewing standard commercial contracts including distributor, vendor, and retail agreements
- Review marketing and advertising materials
- Coordinate with In-House Counsel to create and present employee education and training materials
- Provide subsidiary management, including maintaining minute books, drafting resolutions, preparing filings
- Assist with preparation of shareholder documents
- Performs other duties as assigned by Supervisor
- Embraces and promotes "The Wahl Way"' our values, culture, and guiding principles of cultural enablement, continuous improvement, enterprise alignment, and result-driven thinking
- Implements in-house legal department best practices to drive cross-functional alignment and facilitate strong partnerships with external stakeholders.
- Stays abreast of legal and regulatory developments that impact the company globally
- Associate degree from a recognized training program for paralegals or an equivalent certificate in paralegal studies
- Minimum seven years of experience working as a paralegal, corporate experience preferred
- Excellent writing and legal research skills, the ability to increase productivity through process improvement, and a passion for protecting our brand integrity.
- Ability to take complex information and present it in a simple, visual format
- Strong relationship skills with ability to effectively educate and influence without direct authority
- Creative and solutions oriented
- Attention to detail and ability to manage several projects
- Acts with humility and with a respect for all individuals
- MS Office proficiency