Our high growth and leadership position in the renewable energy business offers outstanding opportunities to individuals seeking an exciting work environment in one of the most important industries for the 21st century. First Solar is a leader in the development and manufacturing of thin film solar modules used in grid-connected solar power plants, as well as a provider of complete solar generation solutions for U.S. utilities. Our culture is one where teamwork, continuous improvement, achievement of results, and environmental responsibility are core values. We are seeking new associates who are motivated to contribute their talents to making cost-effective solar energy an important part of the world's energy mix.
Primary Job Functions:
We're changing the world. Let us start with yours.
First Solar's legal department seeks candidates who believe in our mission of providing cost-advantaged solar technology through innovation, customer engagement, industry leadership and operational excellence. First Solar's legal team is an international team of trusted advisors who provide first-class legal advisory services across the entire business and operations of the company. The department's goal is to enable scale and support the company's growth through timely and efficient legal support across a wide spectrum of legal projects and matters, while mitigating the company's risks positions and enabling compliance.
The legal team looks for individuals who enjoy contributing to an innovative, forward-thinking team, are effective problem solvers and continuously look for ways to improve processes to help us lead the world's sustainable energy future.
Basic Job Function:
Purpose of this position is to support the Legal Department throughout the entire First Solar Organization with a wide range of transactional, corporate paralegal supportl, organizational and commercial focused projects.
- Min. 7 years' experience as a paralegal within a law firm or within a legal department
- Corporate and administrative experience required, particularly with supporting corporate transactions, document management, and subsidiary management (i.e. corporate "housekeeping" in hCue) for U.S. and foreign subsidiaries
- Experience in the use of hCue or similar subsidiary management software a plus
- Experience in the use of Bridgeway Secretariat or other secretarial management software a plus
- Experience in the use of Serengheti (or other legal vendor invoice) and contract management software (e.g. Salesforce, iManage) a plus
- Bachelor Degree required
- Paralegal Certificate a plus
- Notary license a plus
- Excellent organization skills; multitask efficiently
- High degree of integrity in handling confidential information sensitively and discreetly
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills; both oral and written
- Ability to interact with all levels of management
- Results oriented, strong analytical and project management skills
- Strong analytical skills; comfortable with budget/finance/invoices/attorney-billing
- Demonstrated experience working in a team setting with the ability to work across functions and departments; experience supporting multiple attorneys
- Self-motivated, a team player, dependable, and detail-orientated
- Highly flexible in terms of hours and scope
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office Suite (including Excel and PowerPoint);
- Proficient use of Serengeti, Salesforce, SharePoint, hCue, and DocuSign a plus
- Experience using and managing contract management software such as Conga (or similar)
- Provide corporate specialist support to at least five attorneys within the Legal Department
- Provide support on diverse transactions, including financings, mergers and acquisitions, and equipment supply agreements
- Lead global process for creating legal entities and ensure all subsidiaries are qualified to do business in all jurisdictions as necessary. Draft and maintain corresponding subsidiary documentation. Maintain database to track subsidiaries, globally
- Interface with appropriate First Solar associates and third party service providers as it relates to contract/document/records management functions
- Provide drafting, research and organizational assistance to in-house attorneys and outside counsel in the closing of complex transactions (i.e. mergers/acquisitions, and divestitures)
- Prepare and update disclosure schedules and closing checklists for merger and acquisition transactions
- Support team members in managing the Legal Budget; includes tracking and submitting invoices on behalf of the Legal Team, quarterly accruals and invoice troubleshooting
- Regularly interface independently with outside counsel
- Facilitate execution of agreements, including using DocuSign
- Prepare and maintain electronic legal library, including manage data rooms for due diligence and file closing documents
- Coordinate the timely filing of certain regulatory reporting obligations
- Perform other associated responsibilities and special projects (ex. M&A, insurance, etc.)
- Job functions and responsibilities likely to evolve over time
- Other duties as assigned
- Job description subject to change at any time
- Reports to Associate General Counsel
US Physical Requirements:
Office Physical Requirements:
- All positions in our office require interaction with people and technology while either standing or sitting. In order to best service our customers, internal and external, all associates must be able to communicate face-to-face and on the phone with or without reasonable accommodation. First Solar is committed to compliance with its obligations under all applicable state and federal laws prohibiting employment discrimination. In keeping with this commitment, it attempts to reasonably accommodate applicants and employees in accordance with the requirements of the disability discrimination laws. It also invites individuals with disabilities to participate in a good faith, interactive process to identify reasonable accommodations that can be made without imposing an undue hardship.