Vice President of Operations
Position Summary ?Responsible for leadership, coaching, and project management skills required in developing and executing Business Plan strategies to achieve best in class business performance of the assigned sites. This position will provide leadership and direction in analyzing and developing solutions with regard to significant manufacturing issues including, but not limited to: safety and environmental performance, business planning, associate relations, customer service, product quality, fixed and variable costs, process and product development, and continuous improvement. The primary objective is to strengthen business processes in our back-end operations and leverage operational resources to provide profitable sales growth without creating bureaucratic systems or waste. This position is meant not just to assure daily production is built on time to standard work but concurrently provide the direction and leadership to highlight improvement opportunities and then implement them.
1. Provide guidance & technical expertise to ensure compliance with EHS regulations.
2. Develop & implement systems & processes for EHS system to insure training is timely & effective, incident investigations are timely & complete, audits are regularly scheduled & observations resolved.
3. Represent the plant in EHS audit reviews conducted by third parties; communicate trends in audit findings, corrective actions, & observed best practices
4. Manage workers compensation program in concert with Human Resources.
5. Develop SOPs for facility compliance with the major regulatory programs & safety contingency plans including RCRA, EPA, Clean Water Act, OSHA & safety contingency plans.
6. Develop & implement systems & processes to reduce hazardous waste generation & increase recycling and conservation practices.
7. Evaluate systems & implement projects to meet/maintain the increasingly stringent requirements of the waste water & air quality permits at the plant locations.
8. Insure the facilities have an effective safety system.
9. Manage quality systems and responsible for all out of box quality within assigned sites
10. Achieve SQDC and selected financial goals through Lean and S&OP within assigned sites
11. Develop operational leaders and leadership within assigned sites
1. Be a change agent and drive out waste throughout the manufacturing operation through the deployment of the Lean methodology.
2. Responsible for identification of continuous improvement initiatives.
3. Actively participate in and lead kaizen events
4. Be highly visible to associates and promote hands-on, high involvement approaches to problem solving
5. Review / ensure success of the day-to-day production activities within assigned sites / value streams while driving improvements.
a) Lead cross functional performance review walk and drive improvements.
b) Drive cross-functional execution and track daily performance through the use of metric boards on a daily basis ensuring root cause analysis and counter measures are identified.
c) Assure a clean and safe working environment for all employees, emphasizing prevention of potential problems and hazardous conditions, and support Safety Council / programs.
d) Conduct safety investigations as needed
e) Perform 5S audits /safety training
Receives general supervision from the VP of Operations.
Safety Requirements: Responsible for your own personal safety and the safety of your fellow employees. Normal PPE required. Additional requirements may be imposed as a result of customer requirements.
Normal Work Schedule: M-F, May be required to work the necessary hours to ensure that Company goals are met or exceeded
Education & Experience Requirements (Minimums):
Education:Bachelor?s degreewith an MBA preferred. Particular emphasis and preference placed on candidates having Safety, Lean, Kaizen, Six Sigma, and Sales & Operations Planning experience.
Experience: Manufacturing professional with8-10 years of leadership experience and major accomplishments in a Lean environment, including increasing responsibility and leadership of projects involving salaried and/or hourly teams of considerable size, scope and complexity. MS Office/computing skills, manufacturing, human resources management, inventory control and strategic planning. Demonstrated teamwork and team building skills in producing results by meeting organizational objectives. Capable of assessing and developing individual and team skills and capabilities. Able to create and maintain enthusiasm for new and challenging goals. Serve as a role model by promoting new ideas and positive change. Excellent written and verbal business communication skills. Demonstrated ability to lead Kaizen teams in Lean process improvements / implementation.
Computer Proficiencies:MS Office Products, ERP/MRP systems
Certifications: CSP, Lean/Six Sigma, certification preferred
Travel Requirements: Up to 75%.