Technical support for a technology company is a big task. As the Corporate Operations Engineer within the IT Support Technician team, your mission is to enable the people and technology that keep Google running. Your team provides the front line user support for all of our internal tools and technologies. Beyond the day-to-day, the team will contribute to longer-term technical projects, process improvement and the documentation efforts that help make the Google magic happen.
In Audio Visual (AV) Engineering, our goal is to make it easy for every Googler to communicate and collaborate effectively across rooms and different offices, all over the globe. For events, our goal is to extend the AV Engineering vision of a seamless technology experience to all attendees (including live streaming and video conference viewers), press and partners while also creating a more efficient and reliable technical environment for event staff and vendors.
As a Corporate Operations Engineer for Audio Visual Systems, you'll be responsible for service management delivery and will play a key role in operating our fleet of Audio Visual installations and Video Conferencing deployments. You will be also responsible for ensuring that the AV and VC fleet is operating at optimal efficiency, working in collaboration with global stakeholders, while growing support service capability. Additionally, you'll also collaborate with various teams across Google as well as third-party agencies.
Behind everything our users see online is the architecture built by the Technical Infrastructure team to keep it running. From developing and maintaining our data centers to building the next generation of Google platforms, we make Google's product portfolio possible. We're proud to be our engineers' engineers and love voiding warranties by taking things apart so we can rebuild them. We're always on call to keep our networks up and running, ensuring our users have the best and fastest experience possible.
- Act as the third-tier of escalation layers for all audiovisual (AV) and videoconferencing (VC) support issues.
- Leverage tools and services to address fleet monitoring, incident and request management, and technology refreshes.
- Establish and sustain relationships with key site leads and internal partner organizations specific to day-to-day operations.
- Contribute to support of a global AV/VC fleet, including auditoriums, conference rooms, huddle rooms (such as Google Meet), and speciality AV spaces.
- Provide oversight for the support and operations related to global AV and VC systems.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 7 years of professional experience with technical audiovisual systems. Experience with AV system support/operations, commissioning, and component level troubleshooting.
- Experience in support of large-scale global AV deployments and technologies (e.g. Dante, AES67, A/V over IP formats, QSC Q-SYS, Biamp Nexia, HDBaseT, etc) and networking hardware/software.
- CTS-I, CTS-D, CQD, CQT, or CCNA qualification(s).
- Ability to work in environments with dynamic priorities.
- Ability to identify, initiate and implement organizational-level process and procedure improvements.
- Ability to scale operational tasks and to seek/implement opportunities for further automation.
- Effective project management/decision making skills, with demonstrated knowledge of methodologies used to lead cross-functional projects, and a demonstrated record of end-to-end delivery of complex initiatives.
- Effective analytical and problem solving abilities.