NETWORK SECURITY ENGINEER
Great opportunity to join the corporate office of a leading gaming and resort company. This is a full-time direct hire role. Cisco CCNA and ACI experience is required for this position.
The Network Security Engineer is responsible for managing the operation and security of the Wide / Local Area Networking hardware and infrastructure, internet security, web content filtering and firewall access, Active Directory, IDS/IPS, VPN via IPsec and SSL, and Network Admission Control.
• Redundant networking using SD-WAN using Cisco or Cradle Point hardware.
• Experience with Cisco routing and switching is a must. Cisco CCNA required. CCNA Security or CCNP R&S preferred. Experience with network design a huge plus. This position serves as an internal Cisco, network, and security consultant to the organization and a security liaison to outside business units that the company may deal with.
• Evaluates and performs R&D on new technologies, equipment, and upgrades to existing systems and recommends additions or changes as needed.
• Establishes, documents and implements security policies and procedures, and provides direct training and oversight to all information security employees, contractors, alliances, or other third parties, ensuring proper information security clearance in accordance with established organizational information security policies and procedures. Reviews all system-related security plans throughout the organization's network and makes recommendations to mitigate risk based on vulnerabilities and threat.
• Vendor Management, User Training, Project Assessment and Status Reporting also comprise primary duties. All duties are under the supervision of the Director of Information and Network Security.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Supervised management, administration and design of WAN/LAN equipment, network, and related infrastructures.
• Data Center architectures, such as Nexus or ACI is preferred.
• Supervised management of VPN Equipment and related systems.
• Supervised management of IPS/IDS Equipment.
• Supervised management of Firewalls and Access to the network internally and externally.
• Supervised management and recommended direction of the information gathering process required for the installation of a Key Business System.
• Creating and maintaining SOP's and Internal Controls to meet SOX/404, HIPAA and PCI initiatives and adherence to those policies.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
• Prefer a four-year degree in Management Information Systems with focus on IT security or similar Information Technology program.
• Requires at least five years of Progressive Information Systems and Technology experience.
• CCNA Required (CCNA Security or CCNP Preferred)
• Cisco ACI in the Data Center
• SD-WAN / DMVPN
• Technical abilities demonstrated:
a. Management Information Systems.
b. Hardware and Software proficiency.
• Supervised security of all WAN/LAN network and infrastructure to ensure adherence to SOX/404, HIPAA, PCI Compliance, various Gaming commission regulatory compliance and internal SOP's.