We are currently seeing a Corporate Marketing Manager to join our Corporate, Health and Science Practice
Goals for Position:
- Assist Regional and Service Group Leaders (i.e. Leadership Team) with business planning and strategic execution of marketing. This is NOT a business development position. The primary focus is with Corporate and Healthcare industry work with slightly less emphasis on the Science and Technology sector. Principal geographic regions include Florida, Texas, Colorado and the Carolinas.
- This is a Management position as well leading the Marketing segment of this particular business unit. It will entail direct reports including the Proposal and Marketing coordinator (s) and future additions to the team. All will report directly to the Marketing Manager.
- Assist and often lead development of appropriate Large Project Pursuit (LPP) and Client Management (CM) strategies and plans. Foster focused and improved decision making.
- Provide on-going leadership and support with respect to industry, market and client research to provide intelligence, market condition awareness, keep abreast of industry trends, etc.
- Assist and often lead development of winning pursuit strategies including related activities such as pre-positioning, value proposition and differentiation, and other aspects of a successful pursuit strategy including the interview/presentation.
- Provide support to Client Officers and Client Managers on the above.
- The Marketing Manager will report to the Practice Director/Senior V.P.
Successful Skill and Mind Set:
- Ability to properly balance strategy and focus.
- Ability to prioritize the right issues, see the big picture as well as the details in proper harmony.
- Ability to communicate professionally and bridge/reconcile opposing opinions in a respectful manner. Be a good listener.
- Be persuasive, both internally and externally.
- Ability to handle things through to completion. Good, independent follow-up skills.
- Writing skills.
- Maintain/update various tools that drive the sales and marketing processes including the Deltek database. This includes items such as project opportunities, clients, projects, resumes, etc.
- Track the Practice’s pursuit performance using metrics such as shortlist and win/loss statistics with Enterprise Support teams (e.g. CMS and Deltek Team).
- Lead marketing activities to promote the Practice’s design capabilities (i.e. development of marketing collateral, select conferences, development of award submittals, article placement, positioning of SME’s, etc.)
- Oversee and/or leading the development of pre-sell materials, statements of qualifications, letters of interest, proposals, and presentations, which includes:
- Reviewing/dissecting RFQs and RFPs.
- Reinforce and support appropriate Go/No Go decision making and evaluations.
- Developing proposal/capture plans, requirements matrices, and proposal schedules.
- Facilitating project approach, storyboard and presentation sessions.
- Assist and sometimes lead the development of proposal narratives, and reviewing/editing draft and final documents
- Facilitating and participating in multiple proposal reviews to evaluate proposal narratives for content clarity, RFP compliance, consistency, communication of key messages, etc. Utilize editing skills with respect to grammar and punctuation.
- Managing final production, quality control reviews, and page turns.
- Developing presentation materials and facilitating presentation/interview rehearsals.
Education and Background:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications, Business or a related field.
- Direct experience in the Design and Construction Industry preferably on the Buildings/Facilities side.
- A minimum of 10 years of progressive experience.