We have an excellent opportunity for a Corporate Development Director, Heart Walk in our Dallas Division. The selected candidate will have fundraising responsibilities tied to corporate sponsorship and participant income for the annual Dallas Heart Walk. This position has a planned net goal of $500K - $1M. This event brings together corporate partners, medical leaders, community leaders, and volunteers within the community to raise awareness of heart disease and stroke, the number #1 and #5 killers in America. The territory is the Dallas area. In 2018, the Heart Walk raised $6.2M. The projected goal for this year is $6.4M.
The date of the next Dallas Heart Walk is Saturday, September.
Job duties include:
- Revenue generation and volunteer management for the Dallas Heart Walk.
- Conducting sales calls to generate new business and manage existing companies.
- Developing relationships with volunteers, sponsors and key corporate and community leaders.
- Goal setting with corporate companies and individuals to raise funds and awareness.
- Working alongside the Events and Logistics team to coordinating event efforts and meet company needs to deliver on promised activations.
- Networking within the local area and recruiting and retaining our valued volunteers.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university preferred. College coursework combined with related experience may be substituted for a degree. Related experience may be substituted as follows: 1½ years' experience equates to 1 full time year of higher education.
- Must have at least 2 years of experience in fundraising, outside sales or in a non-profit organization in a similar capacity. This experience may also count towards satisfying this position's educational requirement.
- Organization, communication, negotiation, and interpersonal skills are a must.
- Ability to accomplish results through strong volunteer recruitment and management.
- Proven track record in meeting sales/fundraising goals.