This position is based out of the Corporate office located in Hoffman Estates, IL. This individual is a member of the Corporate Loss Prevention Team and tasked with supporting the organization through the development and implementation of various investigations programs. This individual should be a strategic thinker, highly organized and the ability to work independently with little supervision.
- Position Responsibilities
- Utilize exception-based reporting software to analyze data, run reports and use data mining capabilities to trend behavior and isolate high-risk point of sale transactions
- Conduct and direct investigations through traditional and non-traditional methods (cyber, data analytics, social media, open source research).
- Validate data trends using CCTV, prepare case and investigations files, and partner with field management to investigate and resolve identified issues
- Oversee eCommerce analytics used to identify suspicious trends that are creating financial loss to the company, specifically around margin, shrink, profit erosion and fraud.
- Provide recommendations for the implementation of policies and procedures, and creation or modification of systems in order to prevent and/or minimize loss or liability.
- Prepares alerts, case investigations and Suspicious Activity Reports in compliance with established internal guidelines and time frames
- Investigate and partner on other loss activities such as cash discrepancies, inventory adjustments and other activities that may arise
- Oversee and maintain data and systems to ensure data is accurate and systems are readily accessible. Assist in upgrades and enhancements as needed
- Liaison with various law enforcement agencies and coordinate dissemination of data related to store incidents, investigations or other inquiries
- Perform other duties as assigned
Desired Skills & Experiences
- Bachelor's degree preferred. Equivalent related experience can substitute for degree
- Minimum 3-5 years combined experience but must include previous analytics experience and experience in the Loss Prevention industry
- Must be able to work independently with minimal guidance
- Previous use of an Exception Based Reporting tools
- Advanced computer skills required including Microsoft Office tools (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access, Adobe).
- Excellent organizational, analytical, prioritizing (time management), problem solving and presentation skills
- Loss Prevention Qualified/ Certified, CFI or other industry certifications a plus
- Must be willing to travel (Approx. 5% or less) and be flexible with working hours depending on business needs and deadlines
Bachelors or better.
Bachelors or better.
5-10 years:investigative experience
5-10 years:Loss Prevention Experience in a retail setting