Heritage-Crystal Clean, Inc. (HCCI) provides full-service environmental services to a growing customer base. Through our branch network we provide parts cleaning, containerized waste management, used oil collection, vacuum truck services, and antifreeze recycling services.
The Corporate Logistics Manager will partner with the Director of Corporate Logistics, Hub and Branch Managers, Regional Operations Managers to ensure cost effective transportation solutions are compliantly provided at a service level that is acceptable to our customers.
Primary responsibilities include interacting with various internal/external customers, defining transportation solutions that meet our emerging needs, managing assigned transportation assets, the oversight of schedulingtransportation services, managing the supply chain, verifying customer satisfaction levels are maintained and communicating with key stakeholders.
- Plan, develop, organize, direct, manage and evaluate the operations and budget of the transportation department and identify opportunities for cost savings and reductions.
- Assist in developing the logistics and transportation strategy for the organization
- Identify and manage risk within the logistics activities
- Develop and analyze financial and management reports
- Develop and deliver written proposals and oral presentations when required
- Lead the development of pricing strategies and freight negotiations of price and desired service levels.
- Develop and implement cost improvement and change management plans
- Assist in developing transportation KPI’s and scorecards and report to management.
- Identify potential projects to deliver changes and improvements to the supply chain and Manage special projects and participate in cross-functional teams.
- Experience in both the trucking, intermodal and rail industries.
- Managing Transportation and Inventory Assets (vans, trailers, railcars, and intermodal assets).
- Perform as the Lead with Logistics Projects and capital projects
- Provide primary operational support for transportation of shipments via various modes (tanker, trailer, rail, inter-modal, etc)
- Create/maintain the delivery schedules for various internal/external customers
- Understanding of Dispatch Management functions when relating to OTR Drivers
- Anticipate transportation requirements based upon usage rates and waste generation rates
- Verify the accuracy of invoices and the generation of periodic reports to finance.
- Maintain effective relationships with key internal/external stakeholders. Seek to continuously improve the solutions we provide.
- Interact with both internal drivers as well as external third-party operators
- Provide analysis of improved service and cost containment associated with internal drivers as well as external third-party operators.
- Analysis of economic effectiveness of alternatives and a keen sense of savings vs. service to the customer
- Provide back-up assistance to all department team members (Rail, Truck, Van and Field Services)
- Analysis and data reporting in preparation for negotiations
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university; Graduate DegreePreferred.
- 10 + years of experience in Logistics/Transportation
- Must exhibit outstanding team building skills
- Experience establishing key performance indicator metrics to benchmark/track performance.
- Multiple Asset ManagementExperience
- Familiarity with transportation best practices, procedures and processes.
- Demonstrated ability to focus, prioritize and manage multiple tasks and projects
- Strong communication, influencing, and interpersonal skills
- Highly motivated, results-oriented team player
- Experience in dispatching drivers helpful
- Proven Analytical problem solver