Wholesale Business Solutions
The Wholesale PMO (WPMO) is aligned to Wholesale and reports dotted line into the newly formed Enterprise PMO (EPMO) to enhance the ownership, organizational structure, standardization, and oversight of project management functions across the company.
The WPMO is a team of seasoned strategy and program professionals who are aligned to support Wholesale through Portfolio Management, Program Delivery, and Project Management. Through governance and prioritization, the WPMO enables project investment decisions to be aligned to business goals and strategic priorities. Program and Project Delivery allows us to successfully execute against these priorities by advocating for our business partners while effectively collaborating with partners in technology, risk, finance, legal, operations and product.
The Wells Fargo Securities (WFS) Portfolio team is responsible for program and project delivery for the WFS line of business within Wholesale.
This candidate will report into the WFS Project Delivery team leader and will be responsible for managing all activities and people associated with the delivery of a family of complex projects across WFS. The role typically manages a family or series of projects associated with a specific business strategy to obtain benefits and controls. The ideal candidate will have a strong track record of leadership, successfully delivering complex projects, and have knowledge in capital markets & institutional brokerage.
- Lead cross-functional project teams, managing all project lifecycle activities associated with high visibility projects that are long-term, across one or more lines of business and carry a substantial impact to the relevant businesses
- Execute end to-end project management using the Enterprise Project Methodology, demonstrating ownership of the entire process from beginning to end
- Establish and manage matrixed project teams across the organization, including Technology, Operations, Legal, Compliance, Finance and other impacted partners
- Drive delivery of all project deliverables including business case, requirements, project planning, testing, implementation, and closing
- Create and deliver presentations to executive and senior management on project goals and plans, including progress reports
- Recognize and manage areas of change. Document internal & external impacts, and a plan for implementation & readiness
- Identify, analyze and manage risks, issues and interdependencies
- Provide leadership, direction and coaching to project manager staff
- Manage project family budgets/forecasting, schedules, and staffing to ensure optimal business results
- May be responsible for sourcing, negotiating and managing outside vendors
- Leads project staff, including training and providing input to performance evaluations.
- Directly manage project staff team members.
Team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
- 10+ years of project management experience
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Project Management Professional (PMP)
Other Desired Qualifications
- Experience leading regulatory/ compliance related projects
- Prior experience with staffing, recruiting, and coaching team members
- Knowledge of and familiarity with capital markets & institutional brokerage
- Ability to work with and empower others collaboratively for team success
- Proven track record of leading large, complex, projects on time and on budget utilizing highly disciplined project management and organization skills
- Ability to synthesize information to identify key risks, customer impact, financial implications, delays that could impact delivery, and issues that pose material risk to the project or business
- Reliable, results driven individual capable of completing tasks with minimal direction and oversight required
- Ability to understand complex problems, identify solutions and develop clear options and recommendations
- Experience in formal project methodology; specifically in the creation of business cases, project initiation, development of comprehensive business requirements, identification of project interdependencies, general oversight of the development life cycle and testing strategies and the planning for successful delivery
- Experience presenting to executive and senior management with strong oral and written presentation skills
- Excellent leadership, relationship building and management skills required