Wholesale Business Solutions
The Wholesale PMO (WPMO) is aligned to Wholesale and reports dotted line into the newly formed Enterprise PMO (EPMO) to enhance the ownership, organizational structure, standardization, and oversight of project management functions across the company.
The WPMO is a team of seasoned strategy and program professionals who are aligned to support Wholesale through Portfolio Management, Program Delivery, and Project Management. Through governance and prioritization, the WPMO enables project investment decisions to be aligned to business goals and strategic priorities. Program and Project Delivery allows us to successfully execute against these priorities by advocating for our business partners while effectively collaborating with partners in technology, risk, finance, legal, operations and product.
The Wells Fargo Securities (WFS) Portfolio team is responsible for program and project delivery for the WFS line of business within Wholesale.
This role will report to the WFS Portfolio Leader and will be responsible for managing all activities and people associated with the delivery of a grouping of complex projects across WFS.
- Ensure the consistent application of Enterprise Project Methodology processes, tools, and documentation
- Partner with senior leadership and major stakeholders to contribute to strategic plans and objectives for a family of projects
- Project delivery staffing, capacity planning, and quality control management of service levels/ KPIs across a WFS grouping of projects
- Manage project budgets/forecasting, schedules, and staffing to ensure optimal business results
- Provide leadership, direction and coaching to project manager staff
- Direct complex projects managed by others
- Must be capable of managing a program and projects within a program by directly managing of jumping in as needed based on demand and potential issues with delivery.
- Business case and benefits realization tracking
- Influence and negotiate with senior management
- Must promote and adhere to EPMO and WPMO prescribed standards and comply with Enterprise Project Management Policy and Methodology. Significant component performance management / MBOs will align to both compliance with prescribed standards and to excellence in project and program delivery.
Team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
- 8+ years of project management experience
- 3+ years of management experience
- 5+ years of capital markets experience
- Project Management Professional (PMP)
Other Desired Qualifications
- Prior experience with staffing, recruiting, and coaching team members.
- Knowledge of and familiarity with capital markets & institutional brokerage.
- Demonstrated management experience leading, recruiting, developing, coaching, motivating and retaining a high performing geographically dispersed team.
- Proven and demonstrated leadership skills including relationship building, partnering and collaboration skills with clear ability to influence, gain buy-in and negotiate with a diverse group of key business partners/stakeholders.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with experience presenting to management and ability to articulate key messages around risk, issues, customer impacts, etc.
- Ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines, achieve goals, and work under pressure in a dynamic and complex environment.
- Ability to develop partnerships and collaborate with other business and functional areas.
- Experienced in the prioritization of initiatives, assigning work, execution, management and resolution of risks and issues while ensuring initiative(s) are delivered within agreed timelines.