Corporate Industry Development Manager - Digital
Corporate Industry Development Manager
Omron Automation -- Americas is looking for an energetic and focused Corporate Industry Development Manager. This role is responsible for the long term development and strengthening of Omron Automation's relations with our core industry Global 100 customers. While the role is an America's based role it will include partnering with your global peers to create a long term technology partnership with some of the largest companies in the world and enhance Omron's reputation at those customers as a leading global Automation partner.
- Identifies all product and system applications and opportunities that Omron has to offer in the market segment. Works with account(s) to identify new future products and supports/sponsors the development of these new products at the entities. Assists in supporting Omron product releases and marketing collateral as required.
- Participate in the Strategic Account's manufacturing, planning, and implementation teams to provide control/information input at an early stage, and via this participation, recommend strategies/tactics to Omron which will benefit the Strategic Account.
- Interact comfortably with the Strategic Account at senior management & executive levels, and convey Omron's products & services in a manner which demonstrate tangible economic value, linked to customer business drivers and key performance indicators, and based upon elements of competitive advantage, strategic positioning, shared goals & risks and profitability impact.
- Works with Industry Marketing to develop and implements strategic business plans to achieve key revenue, share, and profit goals for assigned core account(s); includes pricing and costing analysis of custom products.
- Be a Global Champion to drive change for Omron at these customers.
- Be the "door opener" to drive incremental opportunities inside core global customers utilizing current Omron technology, or, building the business case for new development.
- Partner with Industry Marketing Manager on long term strategic goals at G100 customers and development of Marketing Programs and Collateral..
- Provide a commitment to internal & external customer service.
- Represent Omron in a professional, ethical, and socially responsible manner
- Represents the Omron Guiding Principles through personal and business interactions with employees, customers, distributors, and colleagues
- Bachelor's Degree in Marketing or business development in a related field from a four year college or technical school.
- Minimum of ten (10) years of industry and automation experience.
- Strong knowledge of Automation and Manufacturing
- Proficient in at least one are of Automation or Manufacturing such as Controls, Networks, Robotics, or Motion
- Proficient in current Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Excellent presentation skills and business acumen in front of customers and distributors.
- Energetic, aggressive, focused and a highly motivated self-starter.
- Strong relationship builder and a strong personal desire to win.
- Ability to multi-task and work cross-functionally with strong organizational skills.
- Team player mentality but able to work independently as required.
- Strong interpersonal, listening, questioning and communication skills (written and oral).
- Ability to travel (50%) both nationally and internationally.