The Corporate Industrial Hygiene (IH) Manager is responsible for guiding all aspects of the company’s IH program globally. This role is responsible for supporting leadership and development for Industrial Hygienists; ensuring that Alcoa has consistent and value-added hygiene program and processes to protect employee health by anticipating, recognizing, evaluating and controlling occupational health hazards in our workplaces. This position is responsible for leading and coordinating key occupational hygiene activities across the company, and ensuring appropriate documentation exists for supporting health management programs.
- Assist in developing, improving and implementing IH systems (Alcoa IH, SDS vendor system, SDS Alcoa system, hazard identification, risk characterization, qualitative and quantitative exposure assessment, etc.).
- Assist the Health CoE in developing effective strategies for eliminating adverse health outcomes and establish goals and KPIs.
- Coordinate and oversee the Alcoa IH Lead Team.
- Facilitate support and sharing of Industrial Hygiene best practices to all global locations.
- Sponsor and oversee Alcoa global OEL technical committee.
- Monitor and support as needed the REACH initiative.
- BU andLocation:
- Assist BU and location personnel in developing and maintaining comprehensive IH management programs (respiratory protection, exposure assessment and control strategies, ergonomics, hearing conservation, hazard communication, radiation, new material review, hazardous materials management).
- Coach/mentor new IH resources in regional or operational locations. Identify opportunities for growth through available technical resources, especially for developing talent in remote locations globally.
- Maintain Alcoa's Global Industrial Hygiene Standard.
- Assist in Compliance Line Investigations as appropriate.
- Providing Hygiene expertise for TSCA allegations.
- Owner of the Alcoa SDS authoring process.
- Owner of the Vendor SDS management process.
- Expert on the IH Audit Self-Assessment Tools (ASATs) and Risk-Based Assessment templates.
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in Industrial Hygiene, chemistry or related field; Master of Science degreepreferred
- 10+ Years of Experience
- Ability to share insights and tell the story to influence all levels of the business, manage conflicts, driving prioritization discussions and sharing of requirements
- Experience as change agent, adept in working in transformational initiatives across BUs
- Strong analytical skills
- A strong commitment to excellence
- A strong record of leadership (experience in leading teams)
- Industrial Hygiene knowledge and experience in manufacturing environments
- Strong communication skills
- Knowledgeable in Occupational Health regulations in areas we operate
- Certified Industrial Hygienist by the American Board of Industrial Hygiene or similar