The Corporate Indirect Procurement Manager will be responsible for building category strategies and managing sourcing activity for all assigned categories in support of Constellation Brands’ objectives and growth strategies. Assigned categories for this role may include Marketing, Professional Services, and Corporate Services. This position works closely with the all business units and cross-functional teams to achieve strategic sourcing objectives for the spend area.
- Developing a strategic plan to drive value for the categories based on an understanding of business needs, the supply market, benchmarking, price availability, etc.
- Partnering with key internal stakeholders to nurture and develop relationships with Constellation Brands’ supply partners
- Leading the design and implementation of sourcing plans and strategies; identifying and developing a comprehensive sourcing strategy process
- Developing metrics, tools, and processes to properly track and communicate efficiencies across the various spend activities
- Leading the benchmarking and bidding process, negotiating pricing/terms and conditions, and final contract award and implementation. Proactively managing vendor contract life cycle to prepare the organization for contract renegotiations or renewals
- Maintaining adequate sources of supply to ensure that the requirements of the category are met with the optimum quality, service, and cost-to-use
- Driving the tactical execution of the day-to-day plan to deliver consistent and sustainable savings
- Ensure compliance with all internal guidelines and external regulations and requirements relating to responsible categories, e.g. finance policy, procurement policy, code of conduct, etc.
- Manage special situations as required
- Provide innovative sourcing solutions to the business by bringing continuous improvement and market driven innovation and offering credible alternatives where applicable
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master's degree preferred with 5-10 years of experience with proven record of accomplishment and increasing responsibility in Strategic Sourcing, Procurement Consulting, Marketing or Professional Services Disciplines
- Experience in Indirect Sourcing preferred, either within the function or supporting in a Procurement capacity
- Expertise with sourcing strategy development in Indirect category spend or other indirect/direct spend categories, including in-depth knowledge of supplier management best practices, category terminology and contract negotiation
- Strong financial and analytical skills with a high degree of business acumen
- Highly self-motivated with a strong internal drive for results
- A high degree of problem solving capability and the ability to drive change with excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Demonstrated negotiation skills with strong negotiation management experience
- A good understanding of project management methodologies and e-procurement processes and tools
- In-depth knowledge and experience of strategic sourcing processes, organization, technology
- Nationally recognized professional certification preferred (Certified Purchasing Manager, Certified Professional Contract Manager)
Physical Requirements/Work Environment
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Must be able to sit and/or stand for long periods of time and work on a computer for extended periods
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
Location Chicago, Illinois
Job Type Full time
Job Area Operations and Production
Constellation Brands is committed to a continuing program of equal employment opportunity. All persons have equal employment opportunities with Constellation Brands, regardless of their sex, race, color, age, religion, creed, sexual orientation, national origin or citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition (cancer or genetic characteristics), marital status, gender (including gender identity or gender expression), familial status, military or veteran status, genetic information, pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions (or any other group or category within the framework of the applicable discrimination laws and regulations).
- Apply with LinkedIn