PURPOSE OF THE JOB
The Corporate FP&A Senior Analyst provides analytical support and process leadership for both the Corporate Strategy and Financial Planning and Human Resources departments. This position will be a key contributor to the development of company-wide forecasts, operating plans, long-range strategic plans, reporting capabilities, and on-going analytical insights. The Senior Analyst will collaborate closely with the Business and Corporate finance teams while providing timely and accurate financial information to key stakeholders including the Board of Directors, the Executive Committee, and members of the Operating Committee. In addition to these corporate responsibilities, this role serves as the business partner for the Human Resources department through FP&A activities to support month end close, forecasting, budgeting, and strategic projects. Organization, financial acumen, teamwork, leadership, and a strong analytical mindset will all be critical traits for success in this role.
Construct forward looking financial statements with strong analytical insights for the company’s executive teams
- Develop the total company income statement, balance sheet, and cash flow in support of the monthly forecast and annual operating plan processes.
- Create the company’s long-term strategic financial plan though the development of macro-economic scenarios, financial modeling, business earnings targets, and presentation materials for executive review.
- Lead forecasting processes and actively seek opportunities for improvements.
- Understand key business drivers and develop comprehensive story through collaboration and analytical mindset.
- Communicate key themes and insights with management / executive level presence.
- Manage corporate cash flow and balance sheet in partnership with accounting, tax, treasury, investor relations, and business finance teams.
- Drive accountability and strong attention to details both inside and outside the CSFP team.
Drive value added financial insights through ad hoc analytics and scorecarding
Support finance activities for Human Resources department
- Lead financial planning, budgeting and forecasting processes for the function.
- Monitor the monthly closing process in conjunction with the Accounting team and Shared Services and provide in-depth analysis on variances to plan, forecast, and prior year.
- Drive group forecasting process through collaboration with cost center owners.
- Provide risk analysis for contingency planning.
- Tell the near and long-term story of the group’s spending to internal stakeholders.
- Provide decision support through financial modeling, business case analysis and financial/management reporting.
- Evaluate financial implications of specific business decisions/opportunities and advise management accordingly to ensure achievement of targeted financial performance.
- Apply external perspective and knowledge to current environment.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting is required.
- A minimum of 5 years of finance and analytical acumen.
- Demonstrated understanding of key financial statements including income statement, balance sheet, and cash flow statement
- Progressive financial analysisexperience in a business unit/corporate environment.
- Demonstrated process focused and organized work style.
- Functioning in a highly-matrixed structure across functional, business, geographic and cultural boundaries.
- Demonstrated ability to identify, develop and implement process improvements.
- Developing business cases and enrolling leaders at all levels in taking appropriate action.
- Experience with SAP, Business Information, and Business Objects EPM or similar systems required.
- Demonstrated rate of growth and success in prior roles.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Strong financial and analytical acumen.
- Strong Microsoft Office Suite (Excel and PowerPoint) skills.
- Develops and uses knowledge of customers, competition, and the market to drive business decisions.
- Distills multiple points of view and inputs to develop near and long-term actions.
- Effective listening skills, with flexibility in approach to solutions.
- Attentive to details in his/her own work output as well as other stakeholders
- Can successfully form and then share candid and sometimes unpopular messages.
- Must be a self-starter, be an active participant on teams, and proactively meet with internal or external customers to meet their needs.
- Must be able to manage many projects simultaneously and prioritize workload appropriately.
- Must be able to respond easily and quickly to shifting priorities.
- Highly motivated and results driven with a high energy level, has a bias for proactive action.
- Enjoys keeping score.
- Loves the best ideas, not his/her own ideas.
- Can teach and communicate in simple, impacting terms.
- Gets others to open up, offer information, and share points of view.