Corporate Finance Organization Planning Lead
5 - 7 years experience • Accounting, Finance & Insurance
Since 1851, MassMutual’s commitment has always been to help people protect their families, support their communities, and help one another. This is why we want to inspire people to Live Mutual. We at MassMutual value diversity and inclusion. We’re people helping people.
A career with us means you will work alongside exceptional people and be empowered to reach your professional and personal goals. Our employees are the foundation of what makes MassMutual a strong, stable and ethical business. We seek and value unique and varied perspectives and experiences because we believe we are stronger when all voices are heard. We invite you to bring your bright, innovative ideas to MassMutual as we continue to help millions of Americans rely on each other.
Together, we’re stronger.
MassMutual is looking for a highly skilled and adaptable professional to lead the organizational planning function for our Corporate Finance organization. As a strategist, consultant, and implementer, the successful candidate will assist in building the future vision of Corporate Finance at MassMutual and play an integral role in the execution of that vision.
REPORTS TO: Chief Finance Officer and Chief Actuary
Can be based out of Boston or Springfield, MA. Must be willing to travel between offices on a regular basis (approx. 1.5 hour drive).
- Strategic Execution:
- Help manage the strategy and execution plan for the Corporate Finance organization. Develop integrated plan and monitoring key integration points
- Track progress towards goals, including partnering to develop meaningful metrics, reporting and dashboards to inform how leadership team prioritizes and measures success of initiatives.
- Partner with CFO and Senior Leadership Team (SLT) on weekly, quarterly and annual meetings, including, but not limited to, leadership team meetings and offsite
- Oversee and/or directly manage specific priority projects sponsored by the CFO.
- Manage overall budget for Corporate Finance, coordinating with Strategic Expense partner.
- Develop communication plan, in coordination with Corporate Communications team: developing key messages, determining communication frequency and vehicles to communicate deliverables and milestones tied to strategic pillars.
- Integration and Optimization:
- Partner closely across organization to ensure collaboration and connections made across projects, priorities and functions.
- Partner with the SLT to embed and develop lean management principles into the day to day operations across Corporate Finance organization.
- Seek opportunities to understand best practices across corporate finance organizations.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 5+ years of business experience; strategy or operations leadership experience preferred; demonstrated track record working with metrics and analytics
- High-level thinker and problem solver with superior communication, presentation, and organizational skills
- Strong project management skills
- Familiarity with lean management and continuous improvement best practices,
- Track record of building partnerships and alliances across enterprise and effectively leading through a matrix structure
- Expert at juggling multiple and changing priorities through leadership, collaboration, and communication
- Innovative, strategic, conceptual thinker
- Solid analytical and critical thinking skills
- Ability to travel between Boston and Springfield one to two days/week
- Authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship now or in the future
Ranked No. 77 in the annual FORTUNE ® 500 Ranking (FORTUNE ® Magazine, June 2017) and recognized as a World’s Most Ethical Company by Ethisphere, MassMutual is guided by a single purpose: We help people secure their future and protect the ones they love. As a company owned by our policyowners, we are defined by mutuality and our vision to put customers first. It’s more than our company structure – it’s our way of life. We are a company of people protecting people. Our company exists because people are willing to share risk and resources, and rely on each other when it counts. At MassMutual, we Live Mutual.
Focus on the Customer: We understand our customers well and look for every opportunity to deliver an experience that is clear, easy, personal, human, empowering and trustworthy.
Act with Integrity: We deliver on our promises by being open, honest and humble and by adhering to the letter and spirit of applicable laws, rules, regulations and company policies.
Value People: We respect and learn from each other’s diverse backgrounds, experiences and ideas. We engage and develop people to their greatest potential.
Work Collaboratively: We work together to achieve results by actively listening, seeking, understanding and creating solutions as a unified team driving toward one company, one culture, one brand.
Achieve Results: We focus on winning by exceeding expectations and getting better – everyone, every day.
For more information, visit www.massmutual.com or find us on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, Google+, Instagram and Pinterest.