The Firmwide ExternalReporting Control (FERC) team isresponsible for overseeing end-to-endreport production of key external and regulatoryreports, including data origination, data sourcing,report production, and related controls.
Some of the end to end controls include PNE Fin 39 & Cash Collateral Netting, Intercompany Control Model, and managing Point of Origin/Booking Practices, and UT Rationalization and Retirement. The team also has a focus on Regulatory Policy Engagement and to ensure the end to endschedule production and ownership provides optimal externalreporting.
The Financial Control Vice President will berequired to work closely with the line of business controllers, middle office and operations areas to understand the operational impact oftrading strategies and settlement practices for the businesses globally.
Responsibilitiesinclude, but are not limited to:
- Develop strong partnerships with other functional areas to leverage understanding of regulatory reporting strategic initiatives
- Advance expertise in regulatory instructions; assist in instruction interpretation and assessment of impact
- Assist with the comprehensive review of data inputs and results to identify and resolve data quality issues, errors, and inconsistencies in data reporting and usage
- Identify and implement methods for improved operational efficiency and productivity
- Define requirements and participate in testing of technology projects to improve exposure methodology, and reporting functionalityThe candidate must be a highly-motivated individual and must be able to handle a high level of complexity in their product coverage, be able to shift focus of task with relative ease and be flexible enough in shifting workload in accordance with changing priorities, and be comfortable dealing with a sometimes stressful and fast-paced priority-driven environment. Skills:
- In-depth understanding of securities financing and derivatives products
- Comfort liaising with business and risk managers
- Ability to build and maintain partnerships within the various product aligned businesses and across other corporate financial, treasury, and accounting groups
- Existing relationships and networks within JPMorgan community an advantage
- Ability to understand business drivers and requirements and influence middle and front office partners to deliver solutions to business issues and problems
- Strong analytical skills:
Ability to quickly understand workings of a complex processing system and general ledger systems across the infrastructure and their interrelationships and dependencies.
- 5-8 or more years of experience of financialreporting and accounting
- Bachelor's degree in Finance or Accounting (or equivalent experience)
- Strong depth and breadth of knowledge across multiple asset classes
- Effectively communicate across all levels of the organization (including senior management)
- Effectively build relationships with key stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to lead and manage a team of highly-motivated individuals
- Ability to multi-task in a constantly changing environment
- Leadership, relationship building, influencing and negotiation skills to drive the Financial Control agenda
- Established track record of delivery in a complex environment
- Excellent working knowledge of MS Excel (Pivot tables, v-lookups) and PowerPoint, Microsoft Access desirable
- Able to critically challenge with the goal of identifying control issues